Underwater acoustics: transmission loss at long distance

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Ciccio1979
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I have some problems to understand how to calculate the transmission loss at long distance, which model do I have to use?
I was looking into the energy flux model (Weston model), but I didn't understand at what range I should switch from "mode stripping" to "single mode".
I am working at low frequency (50Hz) and the range I am considering is around 400km.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!
Ciccio
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Jedishrfu,

thanks for the answer!
I have read that report, but the model described there is a simplified one.
The results obtained with that model are ok close the source, but at range of hundred km they are not realistic.
I need something more complex, this is why I was using the Weston model.

Cheers,
Ciccio