Underwater Hotel Room in Fiji: Live Like a Sea Monkey!

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Underwater
In summary, a lawyer in Toronto tragically fell to his death while demonstrating the strength of windows in a skyscraper. This incident occurred while he was trying to prove the safety of the building's windows to law students. This story has been circulating for many years and has been confirmed by multiple sources.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Wouldn't this be super fun...?

http://stylefrizz.com/200802/poseidon-underwater-hotel/
underwater-hotel-fiji-room-view.jpg

...I mean... at least for the first 3-4 minutes before the claustophobia kicks in and you start hyperventilating and clawing frantically to escape.

But if you're into this sort of thing, you and your sweetie can live the life of a sea monkey couple in your deluxe habitat for only $30,000 a week.

poseidon-underwater-hotel-fiji-room.jpg

It's in Fiji somewhere, and they haven't finished building it yet, but you could probably go ahead and make a reservation.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think I would have an issue with all the divers gliding by. Or at least my g/f might...

EDIT -- in fact, you can see that the couple is having that exact problem in the 2nd picture...

With my luck, it would rain all week.

berkeman said:
EDIT -- in fact, you can see that the couple is having that exact problem in the 2nd picture...

:rofl:

And beyond that - I couldn't pee with the cast of The Little Mermaid watching me.

BobG said:
With my luck, it would rain all week.

:rofl:

Only $30K/wk? Sign me up!

turbo-1 said:
Only $30K/wk? Sign me up!

Not to beg but...
PPPLLLLEEAASSEEE TAKE MEEEEE!

Wow that's so awesome!

But I'm not sure I could really sleep there, I'd be worried about the whole dang thing getting swamped. There's no such thing as "perfectly safe"...I mean, no one expected the Titanic to sink.

What's the room service called, mermaid?

zomgwtf said:
Not to beg but...
PPPLLLLEEAASSEEE TAKE MEEEEE!
I'm sorry. Daryl Hannah gets first refusal. (And last refusal, too, including all the begging required.)

That is so cool. If it was about 10 feet under water and had an escape tube to the surface, I'd do a day or two. I've gone on one through one of the longest aquarium tunnels before and wondered what would happen if it busted.

My sister stayed overnight in the real one. Wish I could find the pix.

Hopefully BP doesn't drill anywhere near there. This looks like a fantastic hotel! I'd stay there if cash was no object.

lisab said:
Wow that's so awesome!

But I'm not sure I could really sleep there, I'd be worried about the whole dang thing getting swamped. There's no such thing as "perfectly safe"...I mean, no one expected the Titanic to sink.

I opened this thread only to post that. I wouldn't be able to breathe in there either. I am not sure it would help much even if you are awake and all comes down.

You should have you reach the hotel by putting in you in an old inoperable car and rolling you off the pier, where a cable eventually drags the car into an underwater garage. That would make people appreciate the hotel room even more.

Let's hope the guy that maintains the ventilation systems doesn't get lazy before the earthquake.

Think they need a window washer?

~the door is ajar.

Last edited:
Think about it, would it even be half as fun if there were no risk of dying? I seem to remember going up to the top of the CN tower (or some Canadian tower) and jumping on those windows they have despite knowing it was a stupid idea.

I remember seeing a clip many years ago where a person tries to demonstrate strength of glass windows but it breaks and he dies.. only if I could remember if that was from movie, show, or where,...

What a great hotel. I would love to stay there. :approve:

rootX said:
I remember seeing a clip many years ago where a person tries to demonstrate strength of glass windows but it breaks and he dies.. only if I could remember if that was from movie, show, or where,...

That was a lawyer in Toronto.

(1996, Toronto) Police said a lawyer demonstrating the safety of windows in a downtown Toronto skyscraper crashed through a pane of glass with his shoulder and plunged twenty-four floors to his death. A police spokesman said Garry, thirty-nine, fell into the courtyard of the Toronto Dominion Bank Tower as he was explaining the strength of the building's windows to visiting law students. Garry had previously conducted the demonstration of window strength without mishap, according to police reports. The managing partner of the law firm that employed the deceased told the Toronto Sun newspaper that Garry was "one of the best and brightest" members of the two-hundred-man association.

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1996-01.html"
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/window.asp"

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the concept behind the "Underwater Hotel Room in Fiji"?

The concept behind the "Underwater Hotel Room in Fiji" is to provide guests with a unique and immersive experience by allowing them to stay in a hotel room that is completely submerged underwater. This allows guests to live like a "sea monkey" and observe the marine life in its natural habitat.

2. How is the hotel room designed to ensure safety for guests?

The hotel room is designed with safety as the top priority. It is built with strong and durable materials that are able to withstand the pressure of being underwater. The room is also equipped with emergency exits and air supply systems to ensure the safety of guests in case of any unforeseen circumstances.

3. What amenities are included in the underwater hotel room?

The underwater hotel room is equipped with all the essential amenities that guests would need for a comfortable stay, such as a comfortable bed, a private bathroom, and a viewing window to observe the marine life. Additionally, guests can also enjoy a unique dining experience with meals delivered directly to their room.

4. Is the hotel room environmentally friendly?

Yes, the hotel room is designed to have minimal impact on the surrounding environment. The materials used in its construction are eco-friendly, and the room is equipped with a recycling system to ensure that waste is properly managed. The hotel also works closely with local marine conservation organizations to protect the surrounding marine life.

5. How can I book a stay at the underwater hotel room in Fiji?

You can book a stay at the underwater hotel room in Fiji by contacting the hotel directly or through their website. It is recommended to book in advance as the demand for this unique experience is high. Prices may vary depending on the season and availability of the room.

Back