Undetermined gauges (Help in mathematica)()

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary, the conversation discusses the desire to extract undetermined gauges and coefficients from a code in Mathematica. The two methods for solving polynomial roots, using a power series or undetermined gauges, are also mentioned. A link to an example of undetermined gauges is provided, along with a note to change the file extension for Mathematica to read it.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
I want to be able to extract from mathematica, an undertermined gauges, like in pertubation theory:

$$\delta_0(\epsilon)x_0+\delta_1(\epsilon)x_1+\cdots+\delta_k(\epsilon)x_k $$

And to extract the guages (deltas) and the coefficients (x_i's) from the code, how do you propose me to code this?To clarify what I mean. In pertubation theory for solving polynomial roots, we have two methods either to expand in a power series of epsilons, and then plug back to the pertubed polynomial equation, or to use the method above of undetermined gauges.

In the attachment there's example for power series, I want to use this to an equation where only undtermined gauges will work, so I neet to change the first root and second to find coefficients $x_1,x_2$ and the suitable gauges.Anyway here's the term undetermined gauges:
http://books.google.co.il/books?id=...6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=undetermined gauge&f=false

P.S you need to change after the .txt, to .nb, so that mathematica will read it.

Attachments

• Perturbation-of-roots-of-polynomials.txt
    21.6 KB · Views: 428
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

1. What are "Undetermined gauges" in mathematica?

"Undetermined gauges" in mathematica refer to a type of gauge transformation used to simplify a mathematical problem by choosing a particular set of coordinates or variables.

2. How do I use "Undetermined gauges" in mathematica?

To use "Undetermined gauges" in mathematica, you first need to identify the variables or coordinates that are causing complexity in your problem. Then, you can choose a specific gauge transformation that simplifies the problem and use it in your calculations.

3. Why are "Undetermined gauges" helpful in mathematica?

"Undetermined gauges" can be helpful in mathematica because they allow you to simplify complex problems and make them more manageable. They also help to reduce the number of variables or coordinates needed to solve a problem, making it more efficient.

4. Are "Undetermined gauges" always necessary in mathematica?

No, "Undetermined gauges" are not always necessary in mathematica. They are primarily used in situations where a problem is too complex or has too many variables to solve without simplification.

5. Can "Undetermined gauges" be used in any type of mathematical problem?

Yes, "Undetermined gauges" can be used in many types of mathematical problems, such as in vector calculus, differential equations, and quantum mechanics. They are a common tool in mathematica and can be applied to various types of problems.

Back