Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Undetermined gauges (Help in mathematica)()

1. Oct 27, 2014 #1

MathematicalPhysicist

Gold Member

I want to be able to extract from mathematica, an undertermined gauges, like in pertubation theory:

$$\delta_0(\epsilon)x_0+\delta_1(\epsilon)x_1+\cdots+\delta_k(\epsilon)x_k $$

And to extract the guages (deltas) and the coefficients (x_i's) from the code, how do you propose me to code this?

To clarify what I mean. In pertubation theory for solving polynomial roots, we have two methods either to expand in a power series of epsilons, and then plug back to the pertubed polynomial equation, or to use the method above of undetermined gauges.

In the attachment there's example for power series, I want to use this to an equation where only undtermined gauges will work, so I neet to change the first root and second to find coefficients $x_1,x_2$ and the suitable gauges.

Anyway here's the term undetermined gauges:
    http://books.google.co.il/books?id=...6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=undetermined gauge&f=false

P.S you need to change after the .txt, to .nb, so that mathematica will read it.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook