University of Manchester or Bath

  • Topic: Schools 
  • Thread starter Thread starter sumasone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    University
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
sumasone
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I've got conditional offers from the University of Manchester and Bath, and they're about the same difficulty (5 on AP Calc.BC and AP Statistics, Bath accepts 5 for Chemistry)

I'm planning to drop one of them from my choice since I need a safety (which probably will be the university of Southampton)
But I still can't decide which one to drop.

I applied for the Aerospace Engineering MEng program with a year of industrial experience

Could someone give me advice?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I would say Manchester just because of the city. Depends what you are into but it is a big city and i am sure there is something for everyone.

In terms of the department i would say Manchester has the edge, it is 3 years since I made my choice and I was doing physics rather than engineering but Manchester looked really good and was my second choice. I have also heard good things about the engineering dept at soutampton so don't feel too bad if you don't get what you want.
 
I'm on Aerospace at Manchester. The city was the deciding factor for me over Bristol and Southampton, and having some of the best nightlife in the country on my doorstep, along with thousands of undergrads to share it with really has made a world of difference.
I've had nothing but good experiences of the course so far (1st year undergrad).
Hope that helps
 
Bath has a bit of a reputation as a watering hole for public school types. So does it expect high grades because the course is good or because it's where the well-trained 'in crowd' go? I know someone who did aerospace at manchester and went on to have a very high flying career. But, to be honest, I'm not sure which is best department. Dig some more!