University of waterloo reviews

• Schools
  • Thread starter cscott
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of the Waterloo school and its Physics and Nanotechnology programs. One person recommends avoiding the school if your name is Napoleon, while another mentions that U of T also offers a nanotechnology program through their Engineering Science program. There is some speculation as to why there are not many responses to the question.
cscott
Waterloo seems like a nice school and I was wondering if anyone has gone there and taken either the Physics or Nanotechnology programs (both undergrad.)

Physics news on Phys.org
cscott said:
Waterloo seems like a nice school and I was wondering if anyone has gone there and taken either the Physics or Nanotechnology programs (both undergrad.)

if your name is napoleon, i'd recommend you avoid waterloo...

:biggrin:

*dodges boot thrown at me*

umm... by the lack of responses, i'd guess that people either don't know much about it or that people who do know about it aren't responding. :grumpy:

i belong to the first group!

thought there nanotech was a new program.

I think U of T also offers a nanotechnology program if you take Engineering Science. You will be able to choose Nano as your option in third year.

What are the overall ratings and reviews for the University of Waterloo?

The University of Waterloo has received generally positive reviews, with an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars. Many students praise the university for its strong academic programs, diverse student body, and excellent co-op opportunities.

What are the strengths and weaknesses of the University of Waterloo?

Some of the strengths of the University of Waterloo include its highly ranked engineering and computer science programs, its co-operative education options, and its strong research focus. Some potential weaknesses mentioned by students include the competitive nature of some programs and the heavy workload.

How does the University of Waterloo compare to other universities in Canada?

The University of Waterloo is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in Canada, often placing within the top five. Its engineering and computer science programs are particularly highly regarded, and it is known for its strong focus on innovation and entrepreneurship.

What are the most popular majors and programs at the University of Waterloo?

The most popular majors at the University of Waterloo include engineering, computer science, mathematics, and business. The university is also known for its strong co-operative education programs, which allow students to gain practical work experience in their field of study.

What is the student life like at the University of Waterloo?

The University of Waterloo has a vibrant and diverse student community, with over 200 clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. The university also has a strong focus on innovation, with many opportunities for students to engage in entrepreneurship and research projects. However, some students have mentioned that the university can feel like a "commuter school" and that it may take more effort to find a close-knit group of friends.