Using gmail interface for another web mail

• Thread starter dRic2
  • Start date
dRic2
Gold Member
Hi,

I have an e-mail for work, but I really don't like the web interface. I decided to forward every e-mail to my gmail account. However, once on gmail, if I reply toany e-mail, my reply will be sent by my gmail account instead of the one I use for work. Do you know know if there is a way around?

Thanks,
Ric

Answers and Replies

I don't have a solution but more of a caution. Don't mix your private email and work email streams. Doing so means your employer can see your private stuff and if that's not the case could fire you for managing work email outside of work systems.

• Informative
Likes diogenesNY, MikeeMiracle, russ_watters and 1 other person
Baluncore
Science Advisor
I have an e-mail for work, but I really don't like the web interface.
But that is what your employer pays you to tolerate. You can always resign.
Alternatively, make a list of the current system disadvantages and file a request with IT for an improved interface.

dRic2
Gold Member
Well, my supervisor suggested me to use this "forward to gmail" stuff, because he does the same thing... I don't think they are very strick about it. But thank you very much for the information. I will ask for clarification.

Gaussian97
Homework Helper
Have you looked at "Settings > See all settings > Accounts and Import > Send mail as:"?
Maybe this will help you

• Informative
Likes dRic2, russ_watters and Wrichik Basu
anorlunda
Staff Emeritus
Insights Author
Gmail has a setting "Check Mail From Other Accounts" that will show those other emails in your Inbox. That may or may not get around the legal problem of mixing personal with company email. If it works, it is far better than forwarding mail.

• Informative
Likes dRic2 and hmmm27