Remembering Tim Brook-Taylor: Who was the beloved star of 'The Goodies'?

• News
  • Thread starter davenn
  • Start date
In summary, Tim Brooke-Taylor, a beloved British comedian known for his work on the TV series "The Goodies," has passed away at the age of 79 due to COVID-19. Many fans are saddened by the news, including one who remembers watching the show as a child. Another video tribute reveals that Tim also appeared in the original "Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory" and served as rector of St Andrews University.
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
1586736853734.png

credit - IMDb

Sad to see on the news the morning that the wonderful British comedian
has passed away over night because of corona virus
Tim was 79 and was best known for his work on the TV series "The Goodies"

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...ies-star-leaves-a-legacy-even-without-repeats

Used to love watching the show when I was a kidDave

• Sad
Likes jedishrfu, DrGreg and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Following that video is another one:

with more of his antics. Its sad I never got to see these comedies.

Likes davenn
It turns out upon watching the tribute video, I did see him in the original Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder.

On an academic note, Tim Brook-Taylor served as rector of St Andrews University from 1979-82.

Likes davenn

1. Who was Tim Brook-Taylor?

Tim Brook-Taylor was a British comedian, actor, and writer. He was best known as one of the three stars of the popular TV show "The Goodies" which aired from 1970 to 1982.

2. When did Tim Brook-Taylor pass away?

Tim Brook-Taylor passed away on April 12, 2020 at the age of 79. He died from complications of COVID-19.

3. What other shows was Tim Brook-Taylor a part of?

In addition to "The Goodies", Tim Brook-Taylor was also a regular panelist on the radio show "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue" and appeared in numerous other TV and radio programs, such as "At Last the 1948 Show" and "Monty Python's Flying Circus".

4. What was Tim Brook-Taylor's role in "The Goodies"?

Tim Brook-Taylor played the role of the uptight, bespectacled, and often naive character in "The Goodies". He was known for his comedic timing and physical humor, often getting into hilarious situations with his co-stars Graeme Garden and Bill Oddie.

5. How is Tim Brook-Taylor remembered by fans and colleagues?

Tim Brook-Taylor is remembered as a kind, talented, and beloved entertainer by fans and colleagues. His wit, charm, and comedic genius have left a lasting impact on the entertainment industry and he will be greatly missed.

Back