Vampyre Jonathon Sharkey for Governor in MN

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, Sharkey plans to announce his candidacy for governor on Friday the 13th and has a platform that includes public impaling of criminals.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Posted on Thu, Jan. 12, 2006

'Vampyre' candidate backs public impaling

Associated PressMINNEAPOLIS -

Jonathon Sharkey, also known as "The Impaler", plans to launch his gubernatorial campaign on - when else? - Friday the 13th. He'll make the announcement in Princeton.

"I'm going to be totally open and honest," said the 41-year-old leader of the "Vampyres, Witches and Pagans Party."

"Unlike other candidates, I'm not going to hide my evil side," he said.
In Minnesota, anyone who pays the $300 filing fee can get on the gubernatorial ballot and it seems that every year a few eccentric candidates make the rounds.

Sharkey raises the bar. For one thing, he told the Star Tribune in an e-mail that he drinks blood.

Including the impaling of terrorists, rapists, drug dealers and other criminals, Sharkey's platform includes emphasis on education, tax breaks for farmers and better benefits for veterans.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/weird_news/13611800.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl: And his name is Sharkey no less! Talk about truth in advertising! :rofl:

I......

Well I don't know what to say.

President Sharkey in 2008

He has not yet registered as a gubernatorial candidate, but he has already filed as a candidate for the 2008 presidential election.

Ought to be an interesting election year.

Evo said:
He has not yet registered as a gubernatorial candidate, but he has already filed as a candidate for the 2008 presidential election.
Ought to be an interesting election year.

I don't see how adding one more blood sucker to the presidential ballot is going to change anything from what is normal.

franznietzsche said:
I don't see how adding one more blood sucker to the presidential ballot is going to change anything from what is normal.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Evo said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It would be funny, if I had been joking. :frown:

Oh. :frown:

I wonder if public impaling would help deter crime?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
imagine how summit meetings with other leaders will look like if he's elected :rofl:
oh, and the vice president will be a little old hunched man, that will tail him and say "yeeeeeess maaaaaasterrrrr..."

Last edited:
public impaling could be a good preventative measure. you mug somebody, you get impalled. mirroring middle eastern law, and you don't get too many bread-theives around there anymore.

also, drinking blood? strange belief, to me. wonder how the liver fairs...

wouldn't be too surprised if he gets mass-support. good ol america.

Is he running as an independent, or is he seeking the Republican nomination?

rachmaninoff said:
Is he running as an independent, or is he seeking the Republican nomination?

Bah, he could just as easily get the Democratic nomination.

It bothers me he's running in Minnesota because Minnesota is the state that elected Jesse Ventura, the novelty candidate.

Evo said:
Oh. :frown:
I wonder if public impaling would help deter crime?
It wouldn't matter if it did. Vlad always found a sufficient reason to impale more people, just as Ivan the Terrible always found reasons for his creative public executions, and as the Romans never ran out of reasons to crucify people. In other words, if you like impaling people you'll keep redefining crime in order to have people to impale.

1. What is the background of Vampyre Jonathon Sharkey?

Vampyre Jonathon Sharkey, also known as the "Vampire King," is a self-proclaimed vampire and a former professional wrestler. He has a history of running for political office, including a presidential campaign in 2008 and a gubernatorial campaign in Florida in 2010.

2. Is Vampyre Jonathon Sharkey a serious candidate?

While many may view Vampyre Jonathon Sharkey as a joke candidate, he is registered as an Independent in the state of Minnesota and has met all of the requirements to run for governor. Whether or not he is taken seriously by voters is up to individual interpretation.

3. What are Vampyre Jonathon Sharkey's political views?

Vampyre Jonathon Sharkey's political views are unconventional, to say the least. He advocates for a "Vampyre Nation" where vampires and humans live in separate societies with their own laws and governments. He also supports the death penalty for anyone who commits crimes against vampires.

4. How has Vampyre Jonathon Sharkey's campaign been received?

Vampyre Jonathon Sharkey's campaign has received mixed reactions. Some people find his campaign entertaining and enjoy his unconventional approach to politics. Others criticize him for not taking the election seriously and wasting voters' time and resources.

5. What are the chances of Vampyre Jonathon Sharkey winning the governorship?

The chances of Vampyre Jonathon Sharkey winning the governorship are extremely low. He has run for various political offices multiple times and has never won. Furthermore, his controversial views and lack of support from major political parties make it unlikely that he will win the election.

Back