Funniest Vandalised Signs: What Are the Best You've Seen?

• Thread starter matthyaouw
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses funny instances where people have changed the letters on signs to create humorous messages. Examples include changing a sign that says "Play pool here!" to "Pay pool here!" and adding a red nose to "Caution, deer" signs in Scotland. The conversation also mentions a personal experience with a sign that was altered to read "Stone Park" instead of "Stone Park" causing the person to laugh while driving.
matthyaouw
Gold Member
Some silly bugger always seems to decide it's hilarious (which it often is) to change the letters on a sign so it says something else. What are the best you've seen?

(Removed text in white.)
Outside a bar-Play pool here!
After a small river- Try your brakes!
On a forest trail- No public path.
And in the wilds of scotland- Every 'caution, deer' sign for 30 miles of empty road had a large red nose stuck on the deer.

Physics news on Phys.org
I lived on base in base housing while I was stationed @ NAS Lemoore in central California. The different neighborhoods had different names and the officer's block was called stone park. Someone put an r at the end of stone...When I first read that driving by I had to pull over because I was laughing so hard.

I cannot condone vandalism of any kind. While it may seem amusing to some, altering signs can be dangerous and misleading for those who rely on them for important information. Additionally, it is a form of property damage and goes against the principles of respecting public property. I urge individuals to find other ways to express their humor without causing harm or inconvenience to others.

1. What makes a sign funny?

A sign is considered funny when it elicits a humorous or unexpected response from the viewer. This can be achieved through clever wordplay, irony, or unexpected visual elements.

2. Are vandalized signs a form of art?

This is a subjective question, as some people may view vandalized signs as a form of artistic expression, while others may see it as a form of vandalism and destruction of public property.

3. How do you determine the best vandalized signs?

The best vandalized signs are often those that are clever, unexpected, and well-executed. They may also have an element of surprise or shock that adds to the humor.

4. What are some common types of vandalism seen on signs?

Some common types of vandalism seen on signs include graffiti, stickers or posters covering the original message, and alterations to the text or images on the sign.

5. Can vandalized signs be harmful or offensive?

In some cases, vandalized signs can contain offensive or harmful messages, which can be hurtful to certain individuals or groups. It is important to be mindful and respectful when creating or sharing vandalized signs.