Velocity of centre of mass (rolling w/o slipping)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
redtrebor
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Find the velocity of the centre of mass of a glass marble which rolls from rest down a
gentle ramp inclined at an angle of 10o
to the horizontal, without slipping, after it has
travelled for a distance of 2.3 m.



Moment of inertia of sphere: 2/5MR^2



Past paper question that I'm really struggling with.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi treb, and welcome to PF.
How did you bypass the template ? Folks at PF don't enforce it strictly to pester you! Use it and you'll get answers.
 
Hi, that was as close to the template as i could manage I'm afraid. I really don't know where to start with this question
 
I need a bit more to help you adequately. Ever heard of potential energy ? Can you connect rotation and velocity of center of mass with each other ?