Very Simple Rotation Inertia of a Thin Rod Problem

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Oijl
Messages
102
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Calculate the rotational inertia of a meter stick, with mass 0.68 kg, about an axis perpendicular to the stick and located at the 21 cm mark. (Treat the stick as a thin rod.)


Homework Equations


I = integral of radius squared with respect to mass


The Attempt at a Solution


I'm not quite sure how to explain my issue here, but I think all I need is to see this worked out, and then I could probably understand the nature of these problems. Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You could use the parallel axis theoram if you know how to find the M.I about the centre of mass of the rod (the centre) :smile: