Why did a police officer draw a gun on a test drive passenger?

  • Thread starter Thread starter edward
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Usa
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
94 replies · 16K views
Poop-Loops said:
Watching a violent movie, playing a violent sport, or attacking someone on the street are the equivalents of watching porn, having sex, or raping someone. Are you going to tell me I can't have sex or watch porn because it looks the same as rape?
Wow, did no-one ever tell you that things happening on a television screen in a staged environment are not the same as things happening on the streets in the real world?

I mean, we do teach our kids about sex in school. So maybe we should teach them about violence?
What are you going to tell them? There's a purpose to sex; a fundamental reason that kids should be told about. This doesn't exist with violence. You analogies are extremely weak, at best.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The school system translates "violence" to "aggression". If a child is abnormally aggressive... they are actually saying, he is violent! Not to mention they are telling the parent in a subtle way... get your child some help before he kills somebody!

They try to teach children about handling and controlling aggression. But it's a band-aid at best.
 
I don't buy the premise that our society has become more or less violent. It's a matter of what we know(or are told about). When I was a child (as a Kindergarten student) I was hauled into the principal's office because a 2nd grader had pushed me down and punched me, and I climbed him like a monkey, choked him, and slammed his head into a rock. The principal took one look at him and me and gave me a pass.

In my neighborhood, fully 1/2 of the guys of the guys in my neighborhood have have done time in the Maine State Prison, and the older guys treated me like a pit bull. They would tell some new kid that I was gunning for them, etc, and provoke a fight to see who would come out on top. I never topped 125# even through high school, but I could run 10-15 miles easily. I never wanted to hurt anybody (having been a victim of domestic violence), but I wouldn't stand for getting my ass kicked, either.
 
Last edited:
I call people like you, "Scrappers!".

Those are the best! And after I spend 20 minutes chasing your ass around a car in the parking lot... we go inside and have beers together!
 
P4PPY said:
I LOVE it! Wait... I think we should teach them about real sex in school first...

No way, that'd just mess it up...

The famous Monty Python's Sex Education:

 
Last edited by a moderator: