1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Voltage and standard reduction potential?

1. Mar 24, 2014 #1
    We're doing electrochemistry this week and this concept confuses greatly. I know that voltage is the work per unit charge. And electrons move from high potential(is this voltage as well?) to low potential- what is meant by this by the way? How is this related to standard reduction potential? If electrons move from the anode(which I would assume is high potential), should it not have a higher potential(Eo) than the cathode? I know I'm mixing up a lot of concepts here but can anyone clear it up? Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2014 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I suggest you ask the electron and potential part in the physics forum (if I move the thread there, we risk it will be bounced back :wink:). Once you get this part ready, we can get back to the standard reduction potential.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted