Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

VRG (Vertical Replacement Gate) Mosfet

1. Jun 8, 2015 #1
    Hello,

Can someone please describe in a few words the idea behind the VRG Mosfet?
    Focusing on the Pros and Cons of the device.

Thanks!!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 8, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Can you say where you have heard about it? Can you posts some links to more info on this type of device? What do you think are the pros and cons, and why?

4. Jun 8, 2015 #3
    I attached some article about it. the first one (named "The vertical replacement....") is the main one i'm using for my presentation.
    I don't really know exactly the pros and cons, I know that there was a problem with the simple vertical Mosfet so they developed this type of transistor, I don't find enough information about this type of transistors, that's why i'm asking.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

5. Jun 8, 2015 #4

berkeman

What kind of presentation is it? Is it for schoolwork? What year at university?

6. Jun 8, 2015 #5
    It's a presentation about the first file that I sent, it's in a course called Nano-Electronic devices, Third year in electrical engineering.

7. Jun 8, 2015 #6

berkeman

Schoolwork questions should normally be posted in the Homework Help section of the PF. I'll allow a discussion here for a bit, but only if you show a lot of effort on your part. We require students to do the bulk of the work here on the PF.

Now, The articles seem to have quite a bit of the information in them that you are asking about. You should be able to answer the questions in your first post above by reading the articles and summarizing them. Take a cut at that, and post your work here for us to check.

BTW, it looks like those papers are close to 15 years old -- do you know if the technique was ever used commercially?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook