Carrying Our Own Death: Inside the Bug-Infested World We Live In

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Death
In summary: The eating spiders while asleep thing is a myth...check snopesI don't know about eating spiders but being bitten by spiders in bed is apparently a serious problem here in Arizona. My wife says that there are A LOT of hospital stays that are caused by spider bites. A lot more than snakes.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Reading some trivia trash us humans are carrying our own death with us, unless we die through accident, we also live in a bug infested environment, we all swallow several spiders,
sleep with bugs and eat bugs, makes joyful reading not, oh and it is no good having a bath
we can not drown the little buggers.

Physics news on Phys.org
On average, eight spiders a year can get stuck in a person's throat while sleeping.

<pokerface>

The underside of the human epiglottis having just the right levels of pH, temperature and ventilation for the incubation of spiders' eggs, somewhere between 27 and 32 female spiders will annually make the excursion through your mouth, push past the epiglottis and lay their eggs on the other side of the door, before returning to their web for a meal of flies in a broth of saliva.

Some won't leave until after the baby shower.

<pokerface>

Gokul43201 said:
<pokerface>

The underside of the human epiglottis having just the right levels of pH, temperature and ventilation for the incubation of spiders' eggs, somewhere between 27 and 32 female spiders will annually make the excursion through your mouth, push past the epiglottis and lay their eggs on the other side of the door, before returning to their web for a meal of flies in a broth of saliva.

Some won't leave until after the baby shower.

<pokerface>

Im sleeping with the covers over my head from now on.

waht said:
On average, eight spiders a year can get stuck in a person's throat while sleeping.
Yeah. Uh huh. And on average, at least eight things happen to me per year that are unrecorded that I don't know about.

<pokerface>

Second only to the human epiglottis, in terms of suitability for incubation, is the underside of bedcovers and blankets...

<pokerface>

Howard Hughes--here we come

Gokul43201 said:
<pokerface>

Second only to the human epiglottis, in terms of suitability for incubation, is the underside of bedcovers and blankets...

<pokerface>

Drat, i have loads of spiders in my place, it is no wonder i have a tickly cough in the mornings.

I think the eating spiders while asleep thing is a myth...check snopes

I don't know about eating spiders but being bitten by spiders in bed is apparently a serious problem here in Arizona. My wife says that there are A LOT of hospital stays that are caused by spider bites. A lot more than snakes.

1. What is the premise of "Carrying Our Own Death: Inside the Bug-Infested World We Live In"?

The book explores the often overlooked and unsettling relationship between humans and insects, highlighting the impact they have on our daily lives and the potential dangers they pose.

2. How does the author approach the topic of insect-human interactions?

The author takes a scientific and investigative approach, examining various aspects such as the biological, ecological, and cultural factors that shape our interactions with insects.

3. What are some examples of bugs that are commonly found in our homes?

Some common household bugs include cockroaches, ants, spiders, bed bugs, and fleas. These insects can often be found in cracks and crevices, behind furniture, and in food storage areas.

4. What are the potential dangers of coexisting with bugs?

Bugs can carry and transmit diseases, contaminate our food, and cause structural damage to our homes. Some individuals may also experience allergic reactions to insect bites or stings.

5. How can we better protect ourselves from bugs?

Practicing good hygiene, properly storing food, and sealing any entry points into our homes can help reduce the presence of bugs. It's also important to seek professional help if an infestation occurs.