Engineer: B.Sc Science Grad to M.Sc Industrial Automation

• Engineering
  • Thread starter rastiya
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engineer
In summary, a B.Sc in Science is a broad bachelor's degree, while an M.Sc in Industrial Automation is a specialized master's degree focused on automation in industrial settings. Skills necessary for a career in Industrial Automation include problem-solving, technical knowledge, programming, and communication. It is possible to pursue an M.Sc in Industrial Automation with a B.Sc in a different field, but some prior knowledge may be required. Graduates with an M.Sc in Industrial Automation can find job opportunities in various industries and can continue their education by pursuing a Ph.D. in a related field.

Is this helpful?

• definetly

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • yes

• maybe

• No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rastiya
hello,
One of my friend asked me this question.he is a Science graduate in sri lanka(B.Sc in science).and he wants to be an engineer.He's just following a M.Sc in Industrial Automation degree in an Engineering faculty right now.so he wants to know that because of his second degree as a engineer,has he got a priority or considered as a engineer?if not what is the best path with this M.Sc?thank You

Physics news on Phys.org
A priority for what, exactly?

I think for a job(as a engineer)

1. What is the difference between a B.Sc in Science and an M.Sc in Industrial Automation?

A B.Sc in Science is a bachelor's degree that provides a broad foundation in various scientific disciplines, while an M.Sc in Industrial Automation is a master's degree that focuses specifically on the application of automation and control systems in industrial settings. In other words, a B.Sc in Science provides a general understanding of science, while an M.Sc in Industrial Automation is a more specialized degree that prepares students for careers in the field of industrial automation.

2. What skills are required to pursue a career in Industrial Automation?

Some of the key skills required for a successful career in Industrial Automation include strong problem-solving abilities, technical knowledge of automation and control systems, proficiency in computer programming, and the ability to work with complex machinery and equipment. Additionally, good communication, teamwork, and project management skills are also important for working in this field.

3. Can I pursue an M.Sc in Industrial Automation with a B.Sc in a different field?

Yes, it is possible to pursue an M.Sc in Industrial Automation with a B.Sc in a different field. However, some prior knowledge in science, mathematics, and programming is usually required for admission into an M.Sc program in Industrial Automation. Additionally, some universities may offer bridge programs or additional courses to help students with different backgrounds catch up on the necessary knowledge.

4. What job opportunities are available for graduates with an M.Sc in Industrial Automation?

Graduates with an M.Sc in Industrial Automation have a wide range of job opportunities in various industries such as manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, and pharmaceuticals. Some common job roles include Automation Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Robotics Engineer, and Industrial Engineer. These professionals are responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining automated systems in industries to improve efficiency and productivity.

5. Can I continue my education after completing an M.Sc in Industrial Automation?

Yes, after completing an M.Sc in Industrial Automation, you can continue your education by pursuing a Ph.D. in a related field such as Industrial Engineering, Automation and Control, or Mechatronics. A Ph.D. can open up opportunities for research and teaching positions in academia or high-level roles in industries that require advanced knowledge in industrial automation and control systems.