Maine: Incredible Opportunity - 22 Acres, Detached 2-Car Garage + More

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary: change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Finally met the dog-lady. My wife dropped off a warm loaf of French bread there this morning, and her son answered the door and accepted it. A bit later, the lady walked down to thank us, and she had a Boston terrier puppy in her jacket. A beautiful tan (seal) variant ***** (Edit: rhymes with witch). As it turns out, the initial reports through the grapevine were inaccurate. No Yorkies. She has 6 Boston terriers, and wants to breed preferentially for the brown-and-white coats, and she has two French bulldogs. They are a pretty small breed, but can hit 20# or so. The finished basement of her house will be the dogs' quarters, and she has contracted to have a chain-link enclosure built out back, so the dogs can have a secure exercise yard right out the back door of the basement. Seems like a decent person, too.

I'll till her garden, if she wants to grow vegetables, and I'm hoping that she follows the neighborhood's unwritten policy of free access. We all allow other neighbors to hunt on our property and discharge firearms in that pursuit. Maine has a law forbidding discharging a firearm within 100 yards of an occupied dwelling without the permission of the occupants, but that can be problematic when you see a deer in your back yard and your nearest neighbor is 150 feet away. Nobody here has written permission to hunt on each others' property. We just have an understanding. The only neighbor that has any sign posting his property has a sign saying "Hunting by Permission Only". He's a hunter, but he wants to know who might be hunting on his 40+ acres. That's only fair.

Last edited:
Back