Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Warriors and Lock N Load on History Channel

1. Dec 12, 2009 #1

Staff: Mentor

I love these shows. I know turbo doesn't have cable, so doesn't get them, so thought he might like the free video online.

http://www.history.com/video.do?name=LockNLoad [Broken]

Tell me this Warriors guy doesn't make you think of Russ_Watters.

http://www.history.com/video.do?name=warriors [Broken]

Maybe I'll move this to history, but I want to see if people are interested in military weapons history. This is NOT about gun ownership or current gun laws, so please keep this about the history, innovations and techniques.

I'm having trouble finding other shows of lock and load, he did an awesome show on swords. Can anyone else find them?

I think I'm going to buy the DVD sets for both of these shows.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2009 #2
    Re: Warriors and LockN Load on History Channel

I watch Lock N Load a lot. Kinda for the same reason people stare at car wrecks: I am appalled, bewildered, but also fascinated by the fact R. Lee Ermy is running around loose in the world.
  4. Dec 12, 2009 #3

Staff: Mentor

He's quite a character. I must say I've never seen anyone get that excited about things blowing up. I enjoy the historic background and the engineering information. The samurai watermelon episode is one of my favorites. I thought I was going to die when I saw that watermelon wearing chain mail. And then the "what would happen if a samurai warrior fought a Roman soldier?"
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  5. Dec 12, 2009 #4

The history and engineering is pretty interesting. However, he does kill a lot of watermelons. I get a particular and dedicated case of the creeps when he destroys something and observes, "Now that's a beautiful thing!"
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook