1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Water based computers

1. Jun 15, 2015 #1

ShayanJ

Gold Member

This is really interesting, so I thought I share it.
    These people succeeded in finding a way to build all the logic gates using a system that manipulates water droplets using magnets and a magnetic field. Its slower than current computers but they have other (interesting) applications in mind. But to me, the mere possibility of such a thing and that there are people who actually did it, is really interesting.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2015 #2

Baluncore

Science Advisor

4. Jun 16, 2015 #3
    i read the article and watched the video they had. one question i have is especially after watching the video is where is the control to specify a droplets pathing ?
    seemed they followed almost random paths depending on how many options were possible.

I do see you could use the water bridging circuits even if all it did was a circle over a set of predetermined pathways.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook