Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Web Diagram linking All Science together

1. Jan 9, 2006 #1
    I have looked for some ime for a nice web/tree diagram that shows the links between the different fields of science.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2006 #2
    sorry i guess i didnt know how to explain my self before, what im looking for is a picture of unification maybe that helps....?

(edit in first post "I have looked for some time"**)
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  4. Jan 23, 2006 #3
    / \
    Everything else
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  5. Jan 24, 2006 #4
    heh i dn't think there is a very complex web image out there...you get very simple ones in high school text but after gr.10,11 science the fields begin to separate and i don't think any textbook past that would illustrate what you desired...I myself have been looking for one...and decided to draw it on my own i've started wth math and psych.

NOTE in my desire to design such a web, i've come to the conclusion that you can't do it in 2D with it looking very ugly. As i have done with my math and psych one.

technically tribdog's example is wrong...it begins with math(counting) and the concept of single,entity,object otherwise known as one "1" from 1 you'd draw 2 branches [1] fundamental "solid"(not the solid definition in high school)...[2] leads to math(set/number/fx theory) which branches off to many like REAL number system(calculus), more set theory, language theory, computability etc.

back to the first branch ...if you believe there exists "fundamental incompressible solid" it leads to what we have in fields/particles...then to atoms...molecules(chemistry)...compounds...larger compounds
    each also has branches for characteristics/interactions/forces etc.
    "larger compounds" leads to inorganic(plastics,drugs more chemistry), organic-biomolecules(amino acids,mmm the other little worm like structures that hold the cell wall together and create gates...for the biomolecules leads to cells DNA,genes,Organisms..and the entire bio tree as one could look up in the bio text.
  6. Jan 24, 2006 #5
    Mathematics is ultimate. Then there is physics, which occurs when the universe tries to imitate mathematics. After that is everything else...

7. Jan 24, 2006 #6

Gold Member

*yawn* Mathematics is just an accounting system :approve:
  8. Jan 24, 2006 #7
    Then the universe is a penny. :cool:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?