Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What am I supposed to do with this?

1. Nov 19, 2004 #1
    I went to pick up my paycheck today and my boss gave me a little "bonus" a $50 gift certificate to honey-baked hams. I'm a single guy. I live on double quarter pounders, carne asada burritos and anything served in a paper bag with the option to super size.
    a $50 ham? how long would it take to eat that? using nothing but sporks as utensils?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 19, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Buy a bunch of little hams and asked them to be placed in brown paper bags?

I LOVE HAM. :approve:

4. Nov 19, 2004 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You can get them to spiral cut it. That would be easier for you to carve off the bone with a spork. :approve: I hope you like ham sandwiches. Or invite a bunch of friends over...you do have friends, don't you? :wink: Or, if you really don't want that much ham, how about donating it to a homeless shelter or food bank?

5. Nov 19, 2004 #4
    are little hams like veal?
    I didn't even know there was a store named "Honey-Baked Hams"
    Really sort of limits your inventory choices doesn't it and I thought the Dollar Stores were a bit specific.

6. Nov 19, 2004 #5

Evo

or donate it to me...did I mention that I love ham? :tongue2:

7. Nov 19, 2004 #6
    shoot, evo asked first. Foiled again!

8. Nov 19, 2004 #7

Evo

Noooo, veal is baby cows. :frown:

9. Nov 19, 2004 #8
    which is also good

[braces for flame]

10. Nov 19, 2004 #9
    I thought I did, until that comment.

lol, I thought you said donate it. actually give it away. You really bought into that "sensitive" tribdog didn't you. donate it? I might make a couple of bums wrestle for the bone to chew on. maybe some shopping cart races for a bite.

11. Nov 19, 2004 #10
    yes, quit rubbing it in. I get it. You love hamanino. geez. Maybe I'll just climb back into bed, remember the days when you were so nice, and eat my ham.

12. Nov 19, 2004 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't make me have to hug you again! :rofl:

Easy, down boy! You don't HAVE to donate it, it was just a suggestion if you were just going to waste it. But, a ham has to be better than some super-sized combo meal.

Okay, this is a dumb question, but although I seem to be one up on you to know there's a such place as a Honey Baked Ham store, I have never actually considered walking into one. Do they have ANYTHING other than ham? I mean, is it just the name of the store, or do they really only sell ham? Maybe you can get a small ham and some other stuff to go with it?

EDIT: I just looked up their website...they have LOTS of pre-cooked food. It looks like heaven for a single guy! You can get beef, turkey, fruit, and pies. If it's too much food for you, you can invite me over! I'll definitely help with that feast! :approve:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  13. Nov 19, 2004 #12

Evo

:surprised :surprised :surprised

The only meat I eat is from animals that died of old age, peacefully, in their sleep, after a long happy life. :approve:

:devil: I "knew" it was just a ploy. :devil:

14. Nov 19, 2004 #13
    yeah, a small ham and maybe a side of ham with some of those little hams maybe a ham for dessert.
    I wonder if they have any pork.

15. Nov 19, 2004 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: See my edit above (a lot got added while my browser was bogged down with the Honey Baked Ham website full of goodies!)

Oh, and here's the website:
    http://www.honeybaked.com/

16. Nov 19, 2004 #15
    memo to self: sounds like these girls like ham. perhaps sharing ham will get me porked.

17. Nov 19, 2004 #16

Evo

Well, there ya go, guess we're all going to tribdog's for Thanksgiving! :tongue2:

18. Nov 19, 2004 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yikes! I just looked at the prices on that site! You'll be lucky to get a pie for under $50. That gift certificate won't buy you much there, don't get your mouth watering too much. They have hams for over $100!!!! For that, I want the whole pig!

19. Nov 19, 2004 #18
    I knew my boss was a cheapskate. Probably has stock in HBH.
    I invite everyone over for dinner, then go to the store and have to shell out an additional weeks pay, and boom his stock goes up 3 points. I could probably get a little ham, use it to bait those homeless we were talking about earlier and we could roast them.

20. Nov 19, 2004 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You have a way of bringing out the worst in me. I know I shouldn't laugh at that last comment, but I did anyway, a little too hard, and now I can't stop. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

21. Nov 19, 2004 #20
    that's weird. Its usually my putting something in, not bringing it out that causes that "don't stop" or "can't stop" reaction.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook