Best trigonometry books for beginners and self study

BadgerBadger92
I am teaching myself math and wondering if any of you have recommendations on trigonometry books for beginners and self study. Any help is appreciated!

Answers and Replies

symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
I am teaching myself math and wondering if any of you have recommendations on trigonometry books for beginners and self study. Any help is appreciated!
As long as you have very successfully studied Intermediate Algebra, then just about any college standard textbook for a course on Trigonometry should be fine for anyone to use in self-study. You should be able to find something suitable from some used-book sales such as from a local library or from the library at a community college. I recommend that way, because the prices of what are found there should be much less than $5 per book. An example of what you could use may be the Larson & Hostetler textbook "Trigonometry". If you try to buy the same thing on Barnes & Noble, the price as "used" may be there over $60.

Some other supplemental resources are:
- the free OpenStax textbooks on math,
- Schaums Outlines on Trigonometry
- Jan Gullbergs Birth of Numbers book which has a lot of historical side lights and a section on trigonometry as well as other math topics.

Suggested for: Best trigonometry books for beginners and self study

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views