What are R_c and MMF in magnetic circuit formulas?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Ren_Hoek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Electromagnetism
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 2K views
Ren_Hoek
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
1720116005820.png
1720116013860.jpeg

I know what ##\Phi## and B are, I think they are the magnetic flux and its density. I think ##\mu## is the permeability. But I dont know what ##R_c## and MMF are and how are these formulas deduced.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh I see ##R_c## is the reluctance and MMF is magnetomotive force. I still dont know how these formulas are derived tho.
 
Ren_Hoek said:
View attachment 347806View attachment 347807
I know what ##\Phi## and B are, I think they are the magnetic flux and its density. I think ##\mu## is the permeability. But I dont know what ##R_c## and MMF are and how are these formulas deduced.
Since you seem to know how to use LaTeX, is there a reason you did not post those equations you are asking about using LaTeX instead of those fuzzy images?
 
berkeman said:
Since you seem to know how to use LaTeX, is there a reason you did not post those equations you are asking about using LaTeX instead of those fuzzy images?
oh it's others' hand script
 
Ren_Hoek said:
oh it's others' hand script
Maybe so, but if you can read it, you can also enter it in LaTeX to benefit the rest of us.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PhDeezNutz, berkeman, Vanadium 50 and 1 other person