What are some resources for non-experts to learn about various sciences?

• Thread starter Kat-hi
  • Start date
In summary, there are various resources available for non-experts to learn about different sciences. Online platforms such as Khan Academy and Coursera offer free courses and videos on a wide range of scientific topics. Popular science magazines like National Geographic and Scientific American provide accessible and engaging articles on current scientific discoveries and advancements. Public libraries also offer a wealth of resources, including books, documentaries, and workshops on various scientific subjects. Additionally, science museums and centers often have interactive exhibits and programs for people of all ages to learn about different sciences in a fun and hands-on way. Overall, there are plenty of options available for non-experts to expand their knowledge and understanding of the sciences.
Kat-hi
How did you find PF?
Referenced articles on Newsletter Science X
I am a retired IT professional interested in many of the sciences. I read some of the discussions on this forum and find them interesting. I specifically noted the questions by non-experts wanting to know more (which I am) and the non-contentious and well-put responses that indicated to me a nice, well-grounded area for discussion and potential learning - as well as links to follow-up and books that are suggested.

After appx 40 years in IT my brain had settled too deeply in the concerns of the rapidly evolving IT field and I lost sight of some of the other wonderful things of the world - mostly since keeping up with technology took up most of my brain cells for much too long. :smile:

I was happy to find Newsletter Science X not long ago and found this site after reading some articles. I've been a member of Mensa for some time, assuming I would get some brain nourishment there, but found their discussions rather limited in scope, biased at times and not including the references and information I've seen here so far. But maybe it's because, as my sister said, Mensa must have made a mistake letting me in. o:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. :smile:

LOL about your sister. I had a similar experience with Mensa many years ago and gave up on them.

Thanks for reply.. I thought I was the only misfit there.

• Haha
Likes berkeman