fxdung
- 387
- 23
I intend to self-learn undergraduate math program.What are the books for undergraduate math?Please show me all some books that cover the whole program!
Last edited:
I really like his books. My first intro linear algebra was proof based, and the textbook we used was Strang. I found it too verbose. So I ordered Serge Lang: Introduction to Linear Algebra, and finally understood what linear independence and span was. I read parts of his undergraduate analysis ( was recommended by a member here) to understand multivariable analysis. My course was based on Spivak Calculus Of Manifolds. After the implicit function theorem, I could no longer follow. But Lang made things click for me.Mondayman said:I found Serge Lang books to be okay for an introduction to "proper" mathematics. Specifically, his Basic Mathematics, calculus, and linear algebra texts. I had them, and could not find a buyer, and was forced to donate them to Value Village. I immediately regretted it and went to buy them back, but it was too late ☹
I have never looked at it. but I found Artin enjoyable.fxdung said:I like to know what about Algebra by MacLane?Is it sutable for undergraduate?