What Are the Day and Night Projects of an EE Student and C/C++ Developer?

  • Topic: C/C++ 
  • Thread starter Thread starter TheComet
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
TheComet
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Hi all!

By day I work on my bachelor thesis in my final electronic engineering semester. It involves the design, implementation and verification of a low power ultrasonic based flowmeter using a new SoC. I am most excited about being able to use a sigma-delta modulator based ADC, because these are simply fascinating in theory. The project has things ranging from hardware design, simulation and fabrication to implementing digital filter algorithms.

By night I work on over-ambitious C/C++ projects. My current project is an attempt at an acoustic wave simulator for real-time applications (such as computer games). It involves calculating wave propagation in a static 3D scene and using system identification techniques to synthesize digital filters describing point-to-point impulse responses. These will be very efficient to apply in real-time, both in memory footprint and processing speed.

On PF I will be most helpful with questions involving electronic circuits, signal processing, programming questions, and control theory.

I will probably look stupid when asking questions about particle physics, quantum mechanics, material science, or anything that involves mechanics in general.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org