What are the latest developments in theories beyond the Standard Model?

• Thread starter johnscitech
  • Start date
In summary, recent developments in theories beyond the Standard Model include the proposal of new particles, such as the sterile neutrino, and new models, such as the Supersymmetric Standard Model. These developments aim to address the limitations of the Standard Model, such as the inability to explain dark matter and the hierarchy problem. Other theories, such as Grand Unified Theories and String Theory, also continue to be explored as potential extensions of the Standard Model. Additionally, new experimental evidence, such as the discovery of the Higgs boson, has provided further insights into the potential existence of new particles and interactions beyond the Standard Model. Overall, these developments offer promising avenues for further understanding the fundamental forces and particles that make up our universe.
johnscitech
How did you find PF?
I find it with google search
Hello everyone,

This is my introduction. I am a young student-researcher in physics and i am interested in all areas of science and technology. Wishing to have good exchange with you.

Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Thank you !

johnscitech said:
How did you find PF?: I find it with google search

Hello everyone,

This is my introduction. I am a young student-researcher in physics and i am interested in all areas of science and technology. Wishing to have good exchange with you.
Welcome to PhysicsForums John. Can you say more about your school experience so far, and what kind of research you are engaged in now? Inquiring minds want to know... :smile:

Thank you! I studied physics... and now I am preparing my doctorate. I am looking for a good fresh topic. I am particularly interested in theories beyond the Standard Model but of course I have to limit myself to things I could handle :)