What are the laws of thermodynamics?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Hessam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Laws
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Hessam
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Self-evidently from the question I'm about to ask I'm a beginner at physics... what are the laws of thermodynamics? and can anyone explain them or give me a link to a site that would help me? any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Hessam
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I. Energy can be neither created nor destroyed. It is conserved.


II. For any spontaneous process, there is always an increase in the entropy (disorder) of the universe.


III. The entropy of any pure crystalline substance at absolute zero is zero.

Google.
 
Zeroth Law/ Third Law in other words states that if A and B are in Thermal Equilibrium And if B & C are also in thermal equilibrium than A and C are also in thermal Equilibrium