What are the potential real world applications for a magnetic levitation system?

In summary: That is the reason why I want some idea to modify the experiment by looking for some real world application!
Pranav Jha
i am a high school student and have designed a magnetic levitation system for my school science fair.
The circuit used is: http://uzzors2k.4hv.org/projectfiles...%20circuit.GIF
However, i would like to scale up the project and find some REAL WORLD applications for the system. I have been thinking about this for two days now but haven't come up with anything yet.
One idea would be an earthquake detector (need to think about that)
Has anyone got anything else in mind?
(P.S.: As soon as possible)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Your link doesn't work.

How about low friction bearings.
Did you want something that hasn't been done already? I assume you know about the trains

Molydood said:
How about low friction bearings.
Did you want something that hasn't been done already? I assume you know about the trains

Could you please elaborate it

Hi There, the link is now working and I see that you are talking of suspending objects rather than the traditional maglev method like with the existing applications (trains, bearings)

So did you design the circuit? In which case is that your site with all the designs on it? it's quite impressive for a high school student.

I honestly can't think of much you could do with this concept off the top of my head, that can't be done with normal maglev technique.

Molydood said:
Hi There, the link is now working and I see that you are talking of suspending objects rather than the traditional maglev method like with the existing applications (trains, bearings)

So did you design the circuit? In which case is that your site with all the designs on it? it's quite impressive for a high school student.

I honestly can't think of much you could do with this concept off the top of my head, that can't be done with normal maglev technique.

haha, that is not my own site, am just using for designing a science fair experiment. That is the reason why I want some idea to modify the experiment by looking for some real world application!

Related to What are the potential real world applications for a magnetic levitation system?

1. What is the purpose of a "Physics project application"?

A "Physics project application" is a proposal or request for funding for a physics-related project. It outlines the objectives, methods, and expected outcomes of the project in order to secure support and resources from funding organizations or institutions.

2. What are some common types of "Physics project applications"?

Some common types of "Physics project applications" include research proposals for new experiments or studies, grant proposals for funding to support ongoing projects, and applications for science competitions or conferences.

3. What information should be included in a "Physics project application"?

A "Physics project application" should include a clear and concise description of the project's objectives, the methods and techniques that will be used, the expected outcomes and potential impacts, a budget breakdown, and any relevant background or preliminary research.

4. How should a "Physics project application" be structured?

A "Physics project application" should be structured in a logical and organized manner, with a clear introduction and overview of the project, a detailed description of the methods and techniques to be used, a discussion of the expected outcomes and potential impacts, and a conclusion summarizing the key points and requesting support or funding.

5. What are some tips for writing a successful "Physics project application"?

Some tips for writing a successful "Physics project application" include clearly defining the objectives and significance of the project, being specific and detailed in the methods and techniques to be used, providing a realistic budget and timeline, and highlighting the potential impact and benefits of the project. It is also important to carefully proofread and edit the application for clarity, conciseness, and accuracy.