1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What Books do you recommend on Electrical Engineering?

1. May 27, 2013 #1
    So, I'm a computer science major because I love programming and maths, but I really want to also learn the hardware part of computers as well.

My university doesn't have an electrical engineering programme or offer any serious courses dealing with electrical engineering. I really want to learn the stuff dealing with electronics but I don't know if I really want to push another possible 2 years in school for a second major or if I should self study. My reasons for learning this stuff is mainly personal rather than just for a job, there are some projects I've had drawn up since HS (project drones, security bots) but I lack the knowledge to actually know where to start with the electronics aspect of the projects. I am looking for books that can help me get started in the world of Electrical Engineering. I've already taken up to Calculus III and Physics I (made deans list when I took all courses) at community college even though they weren't required for my major. The community college offered Electrical Engineering courses but I left there to finish my CS degree before I took any EE classes.

I'm looking for anything from College textbooks to professional guides. I'm not one for 'How to' or 'Dummies' books, but if you think that they're good I will take a look at them.

2. jcsd
  3. May 27, 2013 #2
    Just look at the textbooks universities use. Also look at their curriculum.

This message should be posted at the top of this forum.

4. May 27, 2013 #3
    The Art of Electronics, by Horowitz

Microelectronic Circuits, by Sedra and Smith

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook