1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs What does a double degree mean?

1. Nov 16, 2017 #21

haushofer

Science Advisor

I'm surprised to read this. In Holland we have the possibility to do twin-masters, although the last few years it has been very expensive to obtain a second master's degree. We also have the major-minor system, in which one is allowed to freely choose a minor of 30 ec's by choice.

2. Nov 16, 2017 #22

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

This description of very very general options for choice of Major field and courses is what ONE person reports. Forum readers: Can citizens and residents in Italy confirm that description? Are those REALLY the limitations applied to university students in Italy?

3. Nov 16, 2017 #23
    They do nothing, they don't care about how graduate will be able to find a job, they just teach their subjects, and this is why in my country lots of physics have problem with finding a job.
    This is because they don't have technical skills, and the university doesn't allow them to do engineering courses.

It's also impossible to switch from physics bachelor's degree to engineering master degree.
    If you have a degree in physics and want to study engineering you have to start from the begging by getting a bachelor's degree in engineering and after another master in engineering.
    Plus you can't do a PhD without a master degree.

4. Nov 16, 2017 #24

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

This is why I suggested Engineering and/or Computer Science; and hopefully you could study major in one and some additional courses in the other.

5. Nov 16, 2017 #25

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

It appears that the question has been asked and answered. Thread closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook