What Does an 8% Grade Mean in Terms of Slope Steepness?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gott_ist_tot
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ramp
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 9K views
Gott_ist_tot
Messages
52
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


An automobile driver traveling down an 8% grade slams on his breaks and skids 26 m until hitting a car...


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I have no idea what a 8% grade is. I am guessing it is a slope, but how much?

Thanks for any help I am stumped.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Gott_ist_tot said:

Homework Statement


An automobile driver traveling down an 8% grade slams on his breaks and skids 26 m until hitting a car...


Homework Equations


The Attempt at a Solution


I have no idea what a 8% grade is. I am guessing it is a slope, but how much?

Thanks for any help I am stumped.
Yes it is a slope of 8/100