What does this mean in english -Russian

In summary: Tatar language is a turkish language, the original Tatars are nomads from mongolia who lived on the volga river a long time ago, now they live in central Russia in a republic called tatarstan, it's about 800-900km east from Moscow.Theres a lot of Tatars in Germany and some in the US, and as I know only 2 who speak the language (me and my brother).I said I'm Tatar, not Tatar from Tatarstan. I was born in Tatarstan.. but I'm not Tatar, I'm Bashkir. But I speak russian and tatar, tatar is my native language and I feel very comfortable speaking it. Tatars
oldunion
ya ruskayya, ti toeshhe? DULA

I have no idea how to translate this.

Physics news on Phys.org
probably because it's so badly spelled.

a ukranian girl sent it to me. if you know its badly spelled how do you not know what it means?

Just write this back to her:

Ya amerikanski. Moee eegrooshka ochyen bolshoi.

zoobyshoe said:
Just write this back to her:

Ya amerikanski. Moee eegrooshka ochyen bolshoi.

not till you tell me what it means, i have reasonable odds with this one.

oldunion said:
a ukranian girl sent it to me. if you know its badly spelled how do you not know what it means?
No language has a word with two 'h's side by side. Dead give away.

oldunion said:
not till you tell me what it means, i have reasonable odds with this one.
Good for you.

Here's what you should write:

I am American. I don't speak Russian.

That means:

"I am American. I don't speak Russian."

If you don't want to ruin your chances, just say "I don't speak Russian", she doesn't have to know your american.

Smurf said:
If you don't want to ruin your chances, just say "I don't speak Russian", she doesn't have to know your american.
That's true. She'll never suspect a thing. Even after he invites her to the States for the wedding.

ya ruskayya, ti toeshhe? = I'm Russian, you also?

assuming toeshhe = tozhe = тоже which means also.

Moee eegrooshka ochyen bolshoi.
:rolleyes: Not until you get to know her first.

Last edited:
zoobyshoe said:
Good for you.

Here's what you should write:

I am American. I don't speak Russian.

That means:

"I am American. I don't speak Russian."

hahaha.

thanks astronuc

Astronuc said:
ya ruskayya, ti toeshhe? = I'm Russian, you also?

assuming toeshhe = tozhe = тоже which means also.

:rolleyes: Not until you get to know her first.

Damnit. I thought that was the translation, some kind of joke. **** i just said that to her :frown:

Nyet! eta bad your toy is very big!? TI ochen plahoy malcheek!

her response ^...i think i should quit now :yuck: but what's it mean.

It means "No! Its bad your toy is very big!? You are a very bad boy"

And if you really want to impress this Ukranian "hohlushka", I suggest you tell her:

"moya igrushka komplimentiruet razmer moego karmana, i moyei lubvi k tvoemu narodu :D"

cronxeh said:
It means "No! Its bad your toy is very big!? You are a very bad boy"

And if you really want to impress this Ukranian "hohlushka", I suggest you tell her:

"moya igrushka komplimentiruet razmer moego karmana, i moyei lubvi k tvoemu narodu :D"

whats it mean, i don't know if she likes the dirty talk yet.

It means "my toy compliments the size of my wallet, and my love towards your people :D"

This is the kind of thread in which it's appropriate to say,
[size=+2]PF = ПФ :biggrin:[/size]
(Форумы по физике ?)

[Столко много наших Русскийх --> зесь в ПФ ! :smile:]
----------------------
Anyway,
Oldunion, выучи Русский язык, и тогда каждая украика .. .. :rolleyes:

(P.S., Astronuc, you speak Russian?)

Last edited:
bomba923 said:
This is the kind of thread in which it's appropriate to say,
[size=+2]PF = ПФ :biggrin:[/size]
(Форумы по физике ?)

[Столко много наших Русскийх --> зесь в ПФ ! :smile:]
----------------------
Anyway,
Oldunion, выучи Русский Язык, и каждоя украика .. .. :rolleyes:

(P.S., Astronuc, you speak Russian?)

ps: oldunion cannot converse in russian-french and german are fair game :wink:

oldunion said:
ps: oldunion cannot converse in russian-french and german are fair game :wink:

Then may God bless this site :approve:

how about this:

Vee ochen haroshaw havarritee pa rooskey

oldunion said:
how about this:

That says: "You speak Russian very well."

Astronuc(?), zoobyshoe(?), cronxeh, and myself...
*how many members fluent in Russian have we here, on PF ??

~Apparently, what's revealed here is quite an underestimate. :smile:

oldunion said:
how about this:

Hmm, what she's really trying to say is:

~*"Bы очен хорошо говорите по русский"* :smile:

Or, "Vi ochen horosho govorite po russkiy" :rolleyes:
------------------------------------------------------
There is one nitpick I have here, when she wrote:
havarritee

Common vocal (i.e., "as it sounds") translation from English to Russian involves changing an "H" to a "G" in Russian (i.e., a Г) (even though Russian does have an "H," written as X).
*And so, when vocally translating Russian to English, people sometimes use an "h" when indeed it should remain a "g."

Thus, "havarrite" is really pronouced as "govorite" (i.e., goh-vo-RI-tse).

Last edited:
zoobyshoe said:
That's true. She'll never suspect a thing. Even after he invites her to the States for the wedding.
Who says the wedding'll be in the USA? You Yanks are so ethnocentric

bomba923 said:
*how many members fluent in Russian have we here, on PF ??
Cronxeh is a Native Russian Speaker. All I have is a couple years of Russian in college from over 30 years ago. I hardly remember any of it.
Or, "Vi ochen horosho govorite po russkiy" :rolleyes:
I would transliterate this:

Vwi ochyen hawrohshow gawvoreetyeh paw rooskee

I'm assuming the way she transliterated it has something to do with being Ukrainian, and not Russian proper.

zoobyshoe said:
Cronxeh is a Native Russian Speaker.

Yeah been a native Russian for 14 years :uhh: :biggrin:

I also speak fluent Tatar, and trying to learn Portuguese at the moment.. Brazil chicks are hawt! :blushing:

bomba, Да, я говорю немного по-русскии. Также, я могу читать и понимать по-русскии - но я нуждаюсь в большем количестве практики. :wink:

Я не быстр. :frown:

It's been like ages since I last posted in PF.. I don't even remember when I last time logged in... but the topic interested me.

Anyway, I thought you'd need some help with Russian, but seems there're some native speakers in here... If you want some books to teach you russian, I can advise you with some, but don't know if you can buy them online.

Wish you luck with that Ukrainian girl.. tell her this "ya tebe kuhaju" (That's ukrainian language)

Regards.

cronxeh said:
I also speak fluent Tatar...
Seriously? I'm positive I've never even heard anyone speak it, and I wasn't even aware there might be something like a Tatar language. I can't even get a handle on who the Tatars are: there seems to be about six different branches of them.

What is that language like?

zoobyshoe said:
Seriously? I'm positive I've never even heard anyone speak it, and I wasn't even aware there might be something like a Tatar language. I can't even get a handle on who the Tatars are: there seems to be about six different branches of them.

What is that language like?

Its pretty similar to Turkish language, and my grandparents claim they understand the Turks but I haven't had that much luck with that, although I understand Tatar and Bashkir languages

Zooby, Cronxeh can correct me if I'm wrong but Tatar is a Turkic language.

Start with - http://www.omniglot.com/writing/tatar.htm

Tatar is a Turkic language with about 7 million speakers in Russian republic of Tatarstan, and also in Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, China, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkey (Europe), Turkmenistan, Ukraine, USA and Uzbekistan.

Before the 9th century AD Tatar was written with the Orkhon alphabet. From the 9th century until the 1929, Tatar was written the version of the Arabic alphabet shown below.
- from Omniglot

Apparently it has been written in cyrillic and with a latinzed alphabet according to page on Omniglot.

and check this out - http://www.tatar.net/
http://www.euronet.nl/users/sota/krimtatar.html
http://www.tatar.ru/

Apparently Tatar was written in Orkhon alphabet - http://www.omniglot.com/writing/orkhon.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatarstan

Last edited by a moderator:
Zargawee said:
Wish you luck with that Ukrainian girl.. tell her this "ya tebe kuhaju" (That's ukrainian language)

Or you might as well tell her "Я тебе кохаю" in her own language

Astronuc said:
Zooby, Cronxeh can correct me if I'm wrong but Tatar is a Turkic language.
Thanks for all the links, Astronuc. That old runic Tartar is fascinating.

cronxeh said:
Or you might as well tell her "Я тебе кохаю" in her own language

which means?

Im planning on taking russian soon (college). I have german and french in the bag, nothing exciting. Russian would be cool, and spanish is a must for the usa nowadays.

zoobyshoe said:
Thanks for all the links, Astronuc. That old runic Tartar is fascinating.
You are welcome, Zooby. The old runic alphabet is certainly interesting, and it makes me wonder if it influenced the Chinese way back - if at all.

I am quite interesting in the origin of Tatars, Bulgars (Bulgarians), Magyars (Hungarians), Uigurs, Kazakhs, and others. It is a facinating history which certainly has had significant impact on Europe - west, central and east, as well as China, India, Afghanistan, Iran, Turkey and the whole middle east.

Perhaps the subject is worth a thread in the history forum.

Astronuc said:
Perhaps the subject is worth a thread in the history forum.
Actually, my head is still spinning from the first read through of the wikipedia article. There are too many kinds of Tartars in too many different places to get a handle on them.

oldunion said:
which means?

Im planning on taking russian soon (college). I have german and french in the bag, nothing exciting. Russian would be cool, and spanish is a must for the usa nowadays.

This means "I love you" in Ukrainian.

For the Tatar Language, as I studied in ukraine, I had many friends from Turkmenistan, they speak Tatar as a main language, it's much diffirent than Russian and has some connection to Arabic (cause some of the words they use were from an arabic origin)... correct me if I'm wrong

1. What does "What does this mean in English - Russian" mean?

It means to translate a phrase or sentence from English to Russian.

2. How do I translate a word from English to Russian?

You can use a translation dictionary or a translation app on your phone to translate words from English to Russian.

3. Can I use Google Translate to translate from English to Russian?

Yes, you can use Google Translate to translate from English to Russian, but keep in mind that it may not always be accurate.

4. What is the best way to learn Russian?

The best way to learn Russian is to immerse yourself in the language by practicing speaking, listening, reading, and writing in Russian. You can also take classes or use language learning apps.

5. Are there any common mistakes to avoid when translating from English to Russian?

Yes, some common mistakes to avoid when translating from English to Russian include using the wrong verb conjugation, using the wrong word order, and relying too heavily on translation tools without understanding the context of the phrase or sentence.