What height is KE equal to PE for a 4kg ball thrown at 40m/s?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zafer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Energy
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
zafer
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
when a ball with 4 kg in thrown upwards at a velocity of 40m/s, at what height is the KE equal to PE?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have any relevant equations yet?
Also, I assume it is being thrown from a y(0)= 0m?
 
It is like KEi+PEi=KEf+PEf and I need to find at which height they are equal

yes it is thrown from y=0m
 
[tex]\frac{1}{2}mv_1^2 = \frac{1}{2}mv_2^2 + mgh_2[/tex]
As the equation shows, they are equal at the height that takes half of the initial kinetic energy.
 
zafer said:
can you please solve it xcvxcvvc?

Solve what? You don't use the entire equation I wrote. You solve the equation I defined with my words.
 
yes it should be h=40 m to be equal.
Because the KEi=3200 J and it should take the half of it to be equal,which means 1600J