What inspired an engineering graduate to pursue a career in theoretical physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Mayank Bhandare
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Hey there!

This is Mayank Bhandare, from India. I am a recent graduate in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Mumbai. Though it's a strange switch as many would say, I am planning to pursue a career as a Theoretical Physicist/Cosmologist. I have a couple of entrances the next month, and yep, I am looking forward to this wonderful association with you guys here on the forum. Thanks!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

In order to help you start, the following are the three main sections in PF. You should explore them well:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.
2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). In short, they have been described as a "wonder of the web". It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.
3. The Videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

We are ready to help anyone who wants help. Hope we shall have a great time together. And best of luck for your upcoming examinations. Enjoy your time here. :smile:

With regards,
Wrichik.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Mayank Bhandare
Thank you so much! ☺
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu