Guessing Xmas Presents: Do You Have a Sixth Sense?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of guessing the contents of Christmas presents. The speakers mention their own experiences with trying to guess what is in their parcels, including one instance of receiving an unusual present that stumped them. They also mention the possibility of receiving a live animal as a present. One speaker shares their strategy for guessing presents, while another mentions a particularly difficult present to guess. Overall, the conversation highlights the excitement and challenge of guessing the contents of Christmas presents.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I all ways try to guess what is in my xmass parcels, socks is easy, and common :grumpy: some times i get an unsual one that gets me thinking, how good are you at guessing what is in your parcels ? do you have a sixth sense ?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You get presents? I'm happy with a second helping of porridge. One year I did get cookies (about a month later)

If the package makes barking or yelping noises, then it could be a dog.

PS

could also be moonbear. Watch out.

Ooh I love this game!

I can usually guess, by feel, weight, squishiness and sound made when shaken. One particularly stumped me though, I spent hours feeling it to work out what it could be, and gave up in the end. It turned out to be a snowball maker!

I got a big present one year and it kept making noises. It would say "AAAHHHHHHH Chi chi chi konima AHHHHHHHHH" or something like that drove me nuts and I couldn't figure out what it was. Turned out it was a pichinko machine.

Mine was a fury thing, i have tried all sorts of permutations, but i just do not understand its use :confused:

Was it a dead animal?

eventually

:rofl: :rofl:

1. What is the concept behind "Guessing Xmas Presents: Do You Have a Sixth Sense?"

The concept behind "Guessing Xmas Presents: Do You Have a Sixth Sense?" is a fun and interactive game where players try to use their intuition to guess the Christmas presents given to them by their friends and family.

2. Is there any scientific evidence to support the idea of a "sixth sense" for guessing presents?

There is no scientific evidence that supports the existence of a "sixth sense" specifically for guessing presents. However, studies have shown that humans are capable of using their intuition and subconscious cues to make accurate guesses.

3. Can anyone develop a "sixth sense" for guessing presents?

While some people may have a natural knack for guessing presents, anyone can develop their intuition and improve their guessing abilities through practice and paying attention to subtle cues.

4. Are there any tips for improving one's "sixth sense" for guessing presents?

Some tips for improving one's guessing abilities include paying attention to body language and facial expressions, considering the person's interests and preferences, and trusting one's initial instincts.

5. Is "Guessing Xmas Presents: Do You Have a Sixth Sense?" a reliable way to choose gifts for others?

While the game can be a fun and entertaining way to choose gifts, it should not be relied upon as the sole method for gift-giving. It's important to also consider the person's interests, needs, and preferences when choosing a gift.