1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is the best approach for MS/ME mechatronics?

1. Jul 5, 2015 #1
    You see in my country there are only few BE Mechatronics which only top notch students can get

MY question is that should I do my bachelor's in Mech or Elec Engineering for later doing Master's in mechatronics and yet having my options open for Energy Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and specially SYSTEMS/SUSTAINABLE SYSTEM ENGINEERING?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2015 #2
    Mech E would keep more options open, especially if you get a good electronics and programming background in the process.

4. Jul 6, 2015 #3
    I looked up some courses that are in mechatronics degrees.

In general the answer depends on your country.

I think EE is too restrictive, as there's not lots of mechanics you learn there.

MechE usually features numerical analysis and programming and a course in electrotechnics, so as long as you make sure that you attend courses in that area, it should be fine for mechatronics.

MechE keeps you more flexible regarding the other kinds of engineering you listed, especially aerospace and systems engineering. With EE you'd definitely have too many courses missing for aerospace.
    So it's also the best option if you find out that you don't like programming or control theory very much.

Look up the program of the masters' degree you're interested in and see what it's more heavy on.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook