What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 587K views
I just found out that the voice in moment of peace is supposedly not Sarah, but her (much younger) sister Amelia, in action here:


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oil and water by incubus ( ) is one of my favorite songs. For whatever reason this song reminds me of the time I spent out in the rockies this summer. I don't know if any of you have heard of the sangre de cristo range, but they have got to be some of the most beautiful places on earth.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Kurdt, Nirvana was an awesome grunge band from Washington state in the US in the early 90s. The band "ended" after frontman Kurt Cobain, committed suicide, a tragic ending for such a great musician.

P.S. I didn't have much luck getting Rhapsody to work either, I just listed it because other people had used it and it had a lot of their songs.
 
binzing said:
Kurdt, Nirvana was an awesome grunge band from Washington state in the US in the early 90s. The band "ended" after frontman Kurt Cobain, committed suicide, a tragic ending for such a great musician.

P.S. I didn't have much luck getting Rhapsody to work either, I just listed it because other people had used it and it had a lot of their songs.

I was just joshing you man. I'm a fan of Kurdt Kobain, hence the name. :smile:
 
http://current.com/items/88803042_radiohead_s_scotch_mist"

Radiohead's live new year's show. these guys are amazing live. this stuff could go straight to CD.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting version of voyage, voyage



The female singer is puzzling. That's almost certainly Amelia Brightman singing but that's not the girl in this clip, is it?

Amelia Brightman
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just heard this again for the first time a few days ago. I love the beat to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeRa3RtBiIU"

Has someone mentioned this song yet? I bet Evo likes this one too.

Yep, that clinches it. I blame all the problems in society today on 70's fashion. Those pants are way too tight.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's made in Holland. Golden earring, my time. Another export product of that time

Storm and Thunder from Earth and Fire. World class, but this is not the original.
 
Huckleberry said:
Just heard this again for the first time a few days ago. I love the beat to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeRa3RtBiIU"

Has someone mentioned this song yet? I bet Evo likes this one too.

Yep, that clinches it. I blame all the problems in society today on 70's fashion. Those pants are way too tight.
Yep, Radar Love is good.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This thread takes all day to get through.
Thanks to everyone for reminding me of artists I should not have let slip away from my collection: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4fKo6aYe4Jg", Tull, et al..

Here're a few I like that I didn't see mentioned:

Joan Armatrading - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvMxSjIUx70"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=few4kiKjNzw" - BOB DYLAN
Kate Bush - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzbw-53g2CU"

And here's one that I have no explanation as to why I like it.
Plastic Bertrand - http://youtube.com/watch?v=PITnJAnmjqw"
Might be because I never saw the video until today.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
one of the best piano pieces I have ever heard: "Takatau Monotachi"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
GregA - Taktau Monotachi

Knowing who or what Tifa is/was would help. It sounds very New Age, so much so that George Winston could have done it...
 
jim mcnamara said:
GregA - Taktau Monotachi

Knowing who or what Tifa is/was would help. It sounds very New Age, so much so that George Winston could have done it...

Hmm...its one of the soundtracks from a film called "Advent Children" which itself is based upon a very popular game "Final Fantasy 7" of which Tifa is one of the main characters
 
Radar Love and Venus are great pieces of Classic Rock.

Some other great pieces of Classic Rock from the late 60's - early 70's!


The Who - Love, Reign O'er Me (Studio version) - piano and organ are great!


The Who - Love, Reign O'er Me (Live - with David Gilmour)



The Who - Baba O'Riley - Live (Harmonica used instead of violin at the end)


The Who - Baba O'Riley (Studio)



The Who - Bargain




Wishbone Ash - Warrior - 1973


Wishbone Ash - The King Will Come - 1989




ELP - Tarkus - Battlefield


TARKUS ELP ( medley )



Karn Evil #9 1st Impression Part1 (Live)


Karn Evil 9 - Emerson, Lake & Palmer



ELP - Take a Pebble (Live) - a novel way to play piano



King Crimson - Moonchild


King Crimson - Epitaph


King Crimson - I Talk to the Wind


King Crimson:In the Court of the Crimson King part one




Pink Floyd- Money Video


Pink Floyd - Money (live)



Pink Floyd - Us And Them (studio, great saxophone)

(This is great in a dark room with black light and fiberoptics and your sweetheart)


Yours Is No Disgrace - Yes



Yes "Heart of the Sunrise" Time Lapse Video (studio version)


Yes - Starship Trooper


Yes - Roundabout


Yes - Siberian Khatru


Yes - Parallels




Quicksilver Messenger Service - Fresh Air


Quicksilver Messenger Service - What About Me



The Doors were really great with the incorporation of the electric organ into their music!

The Doors - Riders on the Storm


The Doors - Light My Fire (Studio with video performances)


The Doors - Touch Me


The Doors - Break On Through
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Something different for this thread:

Radiohead - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KgE29oRPhrI"
Better than "Paranoid Android," IMO, which of course is also great

Nine Inch Nails - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SNLNcIC3r3k&feature=related"
Sorry, the only version I could find (that isn't Johnny Cash's cover) was the live version.

Björk - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x5nNfbTS6N4"
Electronica music mixed w/ classical strings. Great stuff if you're into this style of music.

Nick Drake - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pxAUXoH1KbM"
Excellent folk song.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
An excellent group with a unique sound, which incorporated electric organ and electric violin.

Kansas - Icarus (Live)


Kansas - Icarus (Borne on Wings of Steel) - Studio


Kansas - Pinnacle


Kansas Point of know return



Kansas- "On The Other Side"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Soundgarden - Burden in my hand


Chopin - Minute Waltz


All I got for now, there's tons more.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I like this thread. i found here many great songs from different type of music...
In my opinion I thing that someone could do a radio PF station on yahoo music stations.
I like this songs:
1.Pain Of Salvation_Dryad Of The Woods
2.MSG_Nightmare
3.pearl jam - ten_black