What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 585K views
OmCheeto said:
I have the same problem. So much great music. So little to be found and stolen off the net.

I did finally find one I've been looking for today. Unfortunately, you have to go to their website and download it. Fortunately it's free, and top quality. I had never heard of this group so was quite upset that I missed half their show when I walked up to the main stage at the OCF and heard the following song playing.

http://cgtrio.com/cgi/viewaudvid.paw?33"

Needless to say, I am now a fan.
I am sure that I have posted this somewhere before but I love this especially in that it shows punk rock musicians are not just silly people who know nothing about 'real' music.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
TheStatutoryApe said:
I am sure that I have posted this somewhere before but I love this especially in that it shows punk rock musicians are not just silly people who know nothing about 'real' music.

Frickin' Awesome!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wondering if all the things...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/khrx-zrG460&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/khrx-zrG460&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lay back, enjoy the show

(just watched 'Erin Brockovich')




I'm not the kind of girl...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dyihQtBes1I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dyihQtBes1I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

you'd take home
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OmCheeto said:
I have the same problem. So much great music. So little to be found and stolen off the net.

I did finally find one I've been looking for today. Unfortunately, you have to go to their website and download it. Fortunately it's free, and top quality. I had never heard of this group so was quite upset that I missed half their show when I walked up to the main stage at the OCF and heard the following song playing.

http://cgtrio.com/cgi/viewaudvid.paw?33"

Needless to say, I am now a fan.

Well, I don't think it's a good idea to steal music off the Internet nor would I encourage anyone to do that.:smile: Thanks for link. I'll be sure to listen to that one. Very fond of guitars. There's a great little dinner club in the city (SF) called Biscuits and Blues. Stevie Ray Vahn was there and I taped him. I recall in days past Bill Graham and backstage at Winterland. Tom Petty at the old Waldolf when he was first coming out. Of course, when in CA best to hit the old river towns for some of the finest new music coming out of the hub or go down south to Balboa Island. :cool:

Did you by chance see the musical Wicked? Stephen Schwartz did the music and lyrics. The whole show was spectacular. I was spellbound.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Balboa---hmmm...

haven't heard that name for a while---I used to body surf around 14th St down to the Wedge---the cross waves and undertow there were tricky near the rocks.

--lost my high school class ring there... I wondered if one of those metal detectors guys found it.
 
ViewsofMars said:
Stevie Ray Vahn was there and I taped him.

edit: Vaughan . Long night !:biggrin: I'm tired today. When I'm tired I laugh a lot!

This isn't my taping of him but I did find this one at U-tube.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood (Long version!)


I like *his* blues though I'm not particularly fond of the blues.:smile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
understand the problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ktgPLqyLG3k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ktgPLqyLG3k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The choice is still your own


like the last time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Uziwzpn604&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Uziwzpn604&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A little bit of Polish rock ballads from eighties.







With lyrics :-p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
the reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NL53BnaRMeY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NL53BnaRMeY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

use your imagination




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LPmrLVmwfQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LPmrLVmwfQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If I only could

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jjq5Rq4sSZc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jjq5Rq4sSZc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>


pure and easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/32DARlE4xhU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/32DARlE4xhU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lDoRwRLlc3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lDoRwRLlc3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
if you try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lmm6l4b8LhQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lmm6l4b8LhQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>


no one dared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvsX03LOMhI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvsX03LOMhI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>



You'd say I'm putting you on


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZf9ncOQ2xM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZf9ncOQ2xM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>




are we having fun yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gq9fi8fuEzc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gq9fi8fuEzc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
all our friends are here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BocpBEfp448&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BocpBEfp448&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>




we have known

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tI_sv5uswoY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tI_sv5uswoY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>



much harder now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u6BesY5Doec&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u6BesY5Doec&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Love this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjiwBwBL4Qo

Our national mascott is a damn beaver, oh Canada we love our beaver.

Love it.
 
Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zI1JImx10pU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zI1JImx10pU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vtNIFJMwhas&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vtNIFJMwhas&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zSRcFxZVAA
 
Julian Casablancas- 11th Dimension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl15PlIXHIk
Yeasayer - Tightrope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GziH8s7ksMo
This one has a bit of an LZ feel to it.
 
This page has a lot of great tunes. Thanks everyone.

This is an old time favorite song of mine when Joe was in Hawaii.
Joe Cocker "The Letter" in live 1970 (MAD DOGS & ENGLISHMEN)
4RnjWLVyMps&NR=1[/youtube]
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="980" height="765"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PA6jWj0bTi8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PA6jWj0bTi8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="980" height="765"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="980" height="765"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4_zA7nukoZA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4_zA7nukoZA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="980" height="765"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Joni Mitchell-TAX Free



From the Dog eat Dog album.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jonathan Coulton, I Feel Fantastic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zidiWe9yq88

Edit: Also written by Coulton, though not sung by him "Still Alive", Portal credits song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI
 
Last edited by a moderator:
NeoDevin said:
Edit: Also written by Coulton, though not sung by him "Still Alive", Portal credits song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI

I second this (are you allowed to second songs?).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Burning Down the House"
Talking Heads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM
 
Last edited by a moderator:
People are using the wrong way of linking to youtube.
 
Low Spark of High Heeled Boys by Traffic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVlbgqmxXNY
 
Evo said:
People are using the wrong way of linking to youtube.

Sorry Evo. It's been a while.
 
Now you know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ZeTlMpnfHk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ZeTlMpnfHk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>


I don't know what it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IkVWyfkhpl0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IkVWyfkhpl0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>


yes she does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6drO8mQnuPE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6drO8mQnuPE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
FrancisZ said:
Sorry Evo. It's been a while.
I tried to fix it for you and I had a problem and couldn't connect. :devil: