What is the Best Saxophone Song?
- Thread starter Evo
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 587K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Proton Soup
- 225
- 1
lisab said:Not exactly a happy song, but still nice...
now you've got Tears for Fears playing in my head
i don't think I've posted this one before, but it's one of my faves, from a virtual unknown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d82YW-OjLKY
DevilsAvocado
Gold Member
- 867
- 91
Cheesus, I need a new drum machine! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjMZJq2VwNI
(Will a computer ever beat this 14-year-old?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjMZJq2VwNI
(Will a computer ever beat this 14-year-old?)
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Man! I got sweaty just watching that kid!DevilsAvocado said:Cheesus, I need a new drum machine! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjMZJq2VwNI
(Will a computer ever beat this 14-year-old?)
DevilsAvocado
Gold Member
- 867
- 91
turbo-1 said:Man! I got sweaty just watching that kid!
Yeah, I know, he’s just amazing!
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Bad, bad! I like bad, bad.
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
I love drumming! Many years back, I bought a full Fibes set with a crappy Ludwig snare. I managed to cobble together a set of nice Z cymbals, but still no decent snare, until an older guy started to show up at my open-mic jams. I had settled on a little tight-sounding brass snare that he fell in love with, and he offered to trade me straight-up for a Fibes snare. That snare would cut through anything! What a drum! When I was selling off equipment, I sold my entire drum kit to a guy for less than what I could have gotten for that one snare drum on eBay. He was a divorced father of a young kid that really wanted to play drums, and that was good enough for me. Hope it worked out.DevilsAvocado said:Yeah, I know, he’s just amazing!
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
fillipeano
- 51
- 0
Any metal heads in here? What style of metal?
I love all styles of music but I haven't seen much metal which is what I have been in the mood for lately..
I love all styles of music but I haven't seen much metal which is what I have been in the mood for lately..
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
I'm not a real nut on country music, but this one grabs me every time.\
Last edited by a moderator:
zomgwtf
- 65
- 2
Hahaha great cover of Friday.
Last edited by a moderator:
AtomicJoe
- 204
- 0
Last edited by a moderator:
dydxforsn
- 104
- 0
wow.. I did a search in this thread and found almost no results for Queen...
like really wow...
Freddie Mercury was possibly the best singer ever.. If you think you've not heard Queen before you're unaware that you actually know 30 or so songs of theirs but just don't realize it.
Don't stop me now
The show must go on
Bohemian Rhapsody
Radio Ga Ga
I want to break free
We are the champions
We will rock you
Fat bottomed girls
Bicycle
Another one bites the dust
Under pressure
I want it all
A kind of magic
You're my best friend
Somebody to love
Killer Queen
I'm going slightly mad
Princes of the universe
Who wants to live forever
Barcelona
to name a few...
like really wow...
Freddie Mercury was possibly the best singer ever.. If you think you've not heard Queen before you're unaware that you actually know 30 or so songs of theirs but just don't realize it.
Don't stop me now
The show must go on
Bohemian Rhapsody
Radio Ga Ga
I want to break free
We are the champions
We will rock you
Fat bottomed girls
Bicycle
Another one bites the dust
Under pressure
I want it all
A kind of magic
You're my best friend
Somebody to love
Killer Queen
I'm going slightly mad
Princes of the universe
Who wants to live forever
Barcelona
to name a few...
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
I love Desert Rose by Sting. Cheb Mami is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjHkj-uSt_Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjHkj-uSt_Y
Last edited by a moderator:
Triple_D
- 9
- 0
Good old fashion rock & roll jam session, with Leon Russell & friends. That's Claudia Lennear, & Kathi McDonald singing backup. :!)
It won't embed, so...
It won't embed, so...
Last edited by a moderator:
Andre
- 4,296
- 73
dydxforsn said:wow.. I did a search in this thread and found almost no results for Queen...
.
Well I see 18 hits including yours. But Abba only 3, Enya a mere 10, Sarah Brightman and Luciano Pavarotti both only 4, Il Divo, 3 (all mine), Placido Domingo, Harry Bellafonte, zero hits, it's outrageous.
Of course many posts only contain a hot link to youtube, not mentioning the artist.
Okay then for the zeros:
Pavarotti:
Bellafonte
Domingo
Last edited by a moderator:
rootX
- 481
- 4
Evo said:I love Desert Rose by Sting. Cheb Mami is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjHkj-uSt_Y
I thought that's Arabic for first few moments
I found the whole song quite strong!
(I like VEVO videos better: )
Last edited by a moderator:
rootX
- 481
- 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Elwin.Martin
- 202
- 0
Carmina Burana <3
If I had to put my favorite "classical" work I would say Mahler V.
Anyone else?
If I had to put my favorite "classical" work I would say Mahler V.
Anyone else?
Kevin_Axion
- 912
- 3
The Kooks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu4AMUa0VJ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu4AMUa0VJ4
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5AaNLyFpoI
Goodnight Phoebe.

I promise to sing your song this year.

Goodnight Phoebe.
I promise to sing your song this year.

fuzzyfelt
Gold Member
- 734
- 4
Ooo, Lisab, Gorillaz! I must have played this rather incessantly for a while once, it always takes us back to another place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ondpLxoRJuk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ondpLxoRJuk
Last edited:
Triple_D
- 9
- 0
QuarkCharmer
- 1,049
- 3
I like that version much better than the Fugee's cover in the 90's.
Here's my pick:
Heart: Crazy on you (the live version from 78)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whXeb7Ohfkk
Here's my pick:
Heart: Crazy on you (the live version from 78)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whXeb7Ohfkk
Last edited by a moderator:
Similar threads
- Daniel Petka
- · Replies 92 ·
- Classical Physics
- Replies
- 92
- Anton Alice
- · Replies 6 ·
- Classical Physics
- Replies
- 6
- JonnyG
- · Replies 4 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 4
- ZapperZ
- · Replies 7 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 7
- micromass
- · Replies 106 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 106
- strangerep
- · Replies 30 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 30
- icarus5
- · Replies 13 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 13
- Evo
- · Replies 91 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 91
- Stratosphere
- · Replies 3 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 3
- hypatia
- · Replies 108 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 108
