What is the Best Saxophone Song?
- Thread starter Evo
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 586K views
Physics news on Phys.org
SW VandeCarr
- 2,199
- 77
jim hardy said:anyone suggested Big Bopper?
Not before you.
ArcherofScience
- 36
- 2
Here is a single by Reggae Legend Bob Marley. Its called One love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-6g_CdpJs
Btw, the small kids in the video are just adorable. Lol, i love children.
hehe.
Oh and mind the spanish subtitles, was the best video on can find on youtube for this single, and it happens to have spanish subtitles lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-6g_CdpJs
Btw, the small kids in the video are just adorable. Lol, i love children.
hehe.Oh and mind the spanish subtitles, was the best video on can find on youtube for this single, and it happens to have spanish subtitles lol.
Last edited by a moderator:
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piUWIqWSthA
Good night America.
Until morning.
Good night America.
Until morning.
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Too cute! Vai is a bit over-the-top as usual, but the video is great.Astronuc said:Orianthi is a great guitarist in the style of Satriani and Vai.
Orianthi - Highly Strung ft. Steve Vai
I'd love to see an extended live showdown between Vai and Ry Cooder (the lineup of head-cutters in Crossroads). Vai is very flashy and showy. Cooder is guts and guitarist-glory-skill without the showmanship.
Last edited by a moderator:
ThomasT
- 529
- 0
Very nice. Good composition. Is Orianthi a group (there was a guy and girl in the video) or just the girl? Anyway the girl is much too talented to be that good looking, or vice versa. It's just not right. It's not fair.Astronuc said:Orianthi is a great guitarist in the style of Satriani and Vai.
Orianthi - Highly Strung ft. Steve Vai
EDIT: Oh, I think I see now. The guy is Steve Vai?
Last edited by a moderator:
SW VandeCarr
- 2,199
- 77
ThomasT said:Very nice. Good composition. Is Orianthi a group (there was a guy and girl in the video) or just the girl? Anyway the girl is much too talented to be that good looking, or vice versa. It's just not right. It's not fair.
EDIT: Oh, I think I see now. The guy is Steve Vai?
Orianthi is a female guitarist who was handpicked by Michael Jackson as the lead guitarist for his "This Is It" tour not long before his death. She's widely recognized as one of the best (male or female) around today. She has a line of expensive guitars named after her. I don't know if she has a business interest in them.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...hi&adpos=1t1&gclid=CNe6pquzkK4CFQ8yhwodP0Yagw
Last edited:
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
HB, Carole! She wrote or co-wrote so many popular songs of the 60s!lisab said:Carole King is 70 today - Happy Birthday!
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
These little critters are pretty good!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/08/sleepy-man-banjo-boys-mountain-girls_n_1262277.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/08/sleepy-man-banjo-boys-mountain-girls_n_1262277.html
ArcherofScience
- 36
- 2
So I'm pretty branched out on what type of music I listen to. My main is Reggae and Violin dramatic masterpieces. Though the two don't relate at all, lol.
this one is by the very famous clint mansell who i adore and love when his music just sets out on the stage, so dramatic. I heard this soundtrack on a famous series on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FDAkpQSJVA
warning: the awsomness may affect you and may raise your conscience to have thoughts of fighting in a world wide ending battle that somehow kicks evil people's butts lol.
:)
Peace,
ArcherofScience.
this one is by the very famous clint mansell who i adore and love when his music just sets out on the stage, so dramatic. I heard this soundtrack on a famous series on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FDAkpQSJVA
warning: the awsomness may affect you and may raise your conscience to have thoughts of fighting in a world wide ending battle that somehow kicks evil people's butts lol.
:)
Peace,
ArcherofScience.
Last edited by a moderator:
Adyssa
- 202
- 3
Clint Mansell is great, and so are Darren Aronofsky's films. The soundtrack to Requiem For A Dream is phenomenal. :)
BWV
- 1,690
- 2,023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGGzx0ZTCe8
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9nPf7w7pDI
I wish life had treated you kinder.
Goodnight young lady.
I'll always love you too.
I wish life had treated you kinder.
Goodnight young lady.
I'll always love you too.
SW VandeCarr
- 2,199
- 77
I wish life had treated you kinder.
Goodnight young lady.
I'll always love you too.
I knew she was having problems in recent years, but her death surprised me. She was only 48. Rest in Peace, Whitney.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYss3Fw9unQ
I just read that this song is not what I had always interpreted.
Reality again rears its ugly head.
I just read that this song is not what I had always interpreted.
Reality again rears its ugly head.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
OmCheeto said:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYss3Fw9unQ
I just read that this song is not what I had always interpreted.
Reality again rears its ugly head.
You mean that's not a Randy Newman song?!
Reality's big ol' head, indeed!
Edit: OK I just checked...yes, Randy Newman wrote it.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
lisab said:You mean that's not a Randy Newman song?!
Reality's big ol' head, indeed!
Edit: OK I just checked...yes, Randy Newman wrote it.
It's about lying to people.
Telling the people of Africa all sorts of lies so they will get onto the ship and sail away to America, where they end up in Charleston Bay, and become slaves...
Charleston was the major point of entry for Africans brought to America in the eighteenth century. Approximately three out of four enslaved Africans came to America through this port city, which had a black majority by 1790. In 1808, the foreign slave trade was abolished, but American-born slaves continued to be bought and sold until the Civil War.
I always interpreted the lyrics metaphorically, as in, it sucks where you are, and it's better in America.
----------------------------------
sponsored by OmCheeto's Black History Month Foundation
Science Advisor
- 4,430
- 327
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPptTa3P-Hc
Science Advisor
- 4,430
- 327
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ySnPgKXAg
Science Advisor
- 4,430
- 327
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRZCzxI-akU
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
I'm sure that I've linked this before, but it just popped up on the carousel. Vince Gill and Allison Krause.
Last edited by a moderator:
Adyssa
- 202
- 3
ThomasT
- 529
- 0
Yeah, I like this. Had no idea she was older than me. Most of my girlfriends, including my current, have been what might be called Carole King types. By the way, noticing your signature, I have a number of signed first edition Harry Crews books.lisab said:Carole King is 70 today - Happy Birthday!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHlcW_lKPl4
ThomasT
- 529
- 0
Yeah, that's really good stuff, imho. Their voices go together well. I'm a big fan of all of Alison Krause's music.turbo said:I'm sure that I've linked this before, but it just popped up on the carousel. Vince Gill and Allison Krause.
Last edited by a moderator:
drizzle
Gold Member
- 202
- 58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA1ezm6gfkg
ThomasT
- 529
- 0
Last edited by a moderator:
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Astronuc said:Some smooth jazz/blues
Julie London, Cry Me a River
Speaking of crying... I've been waiting years to share this. I have the CD of course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8saEpseR8F8
From one of my top ten favorite albums.
Album title - Nick of Time (Grammy: 1989 Album Of The Year)
Song title: Cry on my shoulder
Acoustic Bass – Chuck Domanico
Backing Vocals – David Crosby, Graham Nash
Drums – Tony Braunagel
Keyboards – Michael Ruff
Percussion – Paulinho Da Costa
Slide Guitar [National] – Bonnie Raitt
Written-By – Michael Ruff
Similar threads
- Daniel Petka
- · Replies 92 ·
- Classical Physics
- Replies
- 92
- Anton Alice
- · Replies 6 ·
- Classical Physics
- Replies
- 6
- JonnyG
- · Replies 4 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 4
- ZapperZ
- · Replies 7 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 7
- micromass
- · Replies 106 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 106
- strangerep
- · Replies 30 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 30
- icarus5
- · Replies 13 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 13
- Evo
- · Replies 91 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 91
- Stratosphere
- · Replies 3 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 3
- hypatia
- · Replies 108 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 108