What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 586K views
Best Video, Always a good band though :), Because you know the other side of take out is mildew on rice
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
DiracPool said:
SW VandeCarr keeps trying to get me to play contemporary songs. This one struck my fancy recently:

I admit, it takes some work. How about some Florence + The Machine? I don't think anyone has posted any of her stuff.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOyfLBYtuU

She looks like my 6th grade teacher.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I love F&M; only decent Indie band in existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbN0nX61rIs
 
WannabeNewton said:
I love F&M; only decent Indie band in existence.

Really? I hope not, otherwise this is going to be pretty tough. BTW, I almost picked Shake It Out, but I went for the crazy looks. So far I have Adele, Duffy, and F&M. It's not that I favor female artists, it's just that I favor female artists.
 
Last edited:
Dirge--Obsidian



Faun-- Zeigeist



Edit: I don't align with the Zeigeist movement, but I do see some positive benefits to it. This song, however, is very powerful.

Maria Mena-- Eyesore

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Duffy scares the living hell out of me. I don't know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvcHGu95XGM
 
WannabeNewton said:
Duffy scares the living hell out of me. I don't know why.

Scared of Duffy? It seems she's the one that's scared. Apparently you've been teasing PFers about your gender. Last I heard, you are a guy. How could a cute blue eyed blond girl be so scary? Now her music (some say) can be a bit "winehousey" and that might be scary to some. I'm a Winehouse guy so no trash talk about AJW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpZ48Bl_hJU
 
Last edited:
Because she looks like a suicidal mental patient waiting to happen. I have no clue who Winehouse is.
 
In all honesty these two songs are the BEST songs in the world if you don't like them, then maybe you should take two... some alte Hex'!

E-DZ0KtR3RY[/youtube] Und hier, Bratwurstzange [MEDIA=youtube]wLX4NYrW1bI[/MEDIA]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
WannabeNewton said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvcHGu95XGM

Haha, this song is the ring tone for my phone! I love Blockhead. I really love this Loka remix of his Sunday Seance tune.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Since physics guy WannabeNewton doesn't like torchy lyrics about relationships, maybe he'll like the Neutron Dance by the Pointer Sisters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSqtBwfZOz8
 
Last edited:
Haha you got that right: lyrics about relationships bore the hell out of me. There is no interesting poetry about them (usually) and they get repetitive really fast. I remember the Pointer Sisters song you linked from ages ago, before I was scared to death of Eddie Murphy's smile xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qK82JvRY5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whn3K9Ll5aE
 
To be fair, there are a couple of relationshipy songs that I do like a lot e.g.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzeDqRhM09w

but that's mostly because I'm a die hard fan of the show "Friends".
 
SW VandeCarr said:
Since physics guy WannabeNewton doesn't like torchy lyrics about relationships, maybe he'll like the Neutron Dance by the Pointer Sisters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSqtBwfZOz8

Even though I'm nearing 60 years of age, I find it extremely difficult not to get up and dance when that song comes on.

<plays video>

Yup. I cannot sit through that song. It's like Om-Dance-Crack.
 
OmCheeto said:
Even though I'm nearing 60 years of age, I find it extremely difficult not to get up and dance when that song comes on.

<plays video>

Yup. I cannot sit through that song. It's like Om-Dance-Crack.

Da*n. I missed posting an :approve: response to my post, before it went away...
 
OmCheeto said:
Da*n. I missed posting an :approve: response to my post, before it went away...

In response, to this memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDLiVwpv89s​
 
OmCheeto said:
In response, to this memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDLiVwpv89s​

hmmm... We need a new thread: "The best page from the "Best Songs Ever" thread"

Here's mine: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=130401&page=118

---------------------
mainly because Fuzzyfelt and DevilsAvacado are my friends, and somewhere in that set, is something about them needing a shower. :-p
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person
OmCheeto said:
hmmm... We need a new thread: "The best page from the "Best Songs Ever" thread"

Here's mine: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=130401&page=118

---------------------
mainly because Fuzzyfelt and DevilsAvacado are my friends, and somewhere in that set, is something about them needing a shower. :-p


Did the devil make you do this Om?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhHyLnPsVG4
 
dlgoff said:
Did the devil make you do this Om?

Yeah baby, the Stones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRsFd1PbeQ4
 
DiracPool said:
Yeah baby, the Stones...

Oh yeah...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fa4HUiFJ6c

​

----------------------------
I saw the Stones once. hmmm...
Ah ha! I just found a stash of old concert ticket stubs:
Stones: Seattle Kingdome, October 15, 1981, $16
Queen: Seattle Center Coliseum, July 1, 1980, $9
Heart: Seattle Center Coliseum, August 7, 1980, $10
Pat Benatar: Paramount NW, Seattle, August 20, 1980, $8
And yes, I did see micromass's ticket stub.
 
My bartender, 20 years my junior, said she likes this song/video the best:

http://vimeo.com/45606403

I trust her judgement. :smile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This just popped up on the radio.
I like it a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdF_hHAFlus​
 
Did I post this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COiIC3A0ROM
 
lisab said:
Did I post this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COiIC3A0ROM

Doesn't matter. With a voice like that, no wonder it was such a hit. That was back in my college days. :wink: