What Is the Correct Value for k in the Latent Heat Equation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jcpwn2004
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Heat Latent heat
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
jcpwn2004
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
I have a derived equation for latent heat, L = kIV∆T/∆M. I was just wondering what the value for k is. I have it written down in my notebook but i can't tell if i wrote a 2 or a 7, so it should be .239 or .739. If anyone knows it'd be appreciated, thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It would be helpful if you could state the exact meaning of the variables, especially that of I, V and k, though I think I know what they mean...

I also have a feeling that k is a constant describing loss of power to the surroundings, but I can't be sure until you provide more info.