What is the definition of changed point in geomatics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chetzread
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
chetzread
Messages
798
Reaction score
1

Homework Statement


According to my notes , changed point is
•Location of the staff when the level is moved. Changed point should be
–Stable,
–Well defined
but , in another online notes , changed point is defined as points of measurement which are used to carry the measurements forward in a run. Each one will be read first as a foresight, the instrument position is changed, and then it will be read as a backsight.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


so , what is changed point ? it is the location of staff or location of level ( i am not sure what is level here, but i think it should be the measuring device)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Is this in relation to a particular figure or problem? I think you need to place it in some context.

Something to do with a position transducer?
 
It sounds like it's related to surveying.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: chetzread
gneill said:
It sounds like it's related to surveying.
Can i ask this in physics forum ? i am not sure though. Sorry
 
chetzread said:
Can i ask this in physics forum ? i am not sure though. Sorry
No worries, I'll move it to the Engineering schoolwork forum -- EDIT -- Oh wait, it's already there...

LOL, when I first read your post, I thought you were asking about a "charged point", not a "change point". Boy was I confused! o0)