What is the distribution of the following event?

  • Thread starter Thread starter number0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Distribution
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
number0
Messages
102
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



See uploaded imagery.


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



See uploaded imagery.


I know that the distribution has something to do with the 1-dimensional Ising model being sampled via Gibbs sampler method, but that is all I know. Anyone have a hint/solution? Thanks.
 
Attachments
  • hw.jpg
    hw.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 441
Physics news on Phys.org
For any [itex]a, b, c \in \{-1,1\}[/itex] we have
[tex]P(x=a|y=b,z=c) = \frac{P(x=a \cap \{y=b,z=c\})}{P(y=b,z=c)} = \frac{P(x=a,y=b,z=c)}{P(y=b,z=c)},[/tex]
where [itex]P(y=b,z=c) = \sum_{w=-1}^1 P(x=w,y=b,z=c).[/itex] This has nothing to do with Physics or the Ising model or anything else like that; it is just elementary probability.

RGV
 
Sorry, but I already got your answer (see imagery)... it's just that I do not know what distribution the conditional distribution follows...