What is the Effect of Electrical Charges on the Attraction Between Two Humans?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
EliteCodexer
Messages
9
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Human tissue contains about 3*10^27 electrons per kg of material. Suppose two humans are located 1370 km apart and each has a mass of 60 kg. We now transfer 5*10^21 electrons from one person to the other. What will be the magnitude of the resulting attraction, rounded to the nearest Newton?

Homework Equations


I used the equation F=kQ1Q2/r^2

The Attempt at a Solution


except I am not sure if I used the right charges.
for Q1, i found it by ((3*10^27)(6)-(5*10^21))(1.6*10^-19)
and Q2: ((3*10^27)(6)+(5*10^21))(1.6*10^-19)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If those electrons had not been transferred from one person to another, what would have been the electrical force between the two people? Put another way, in addition to those 1027 electrons per kg, what other charged particles are present, and what is their effect?