What is the Fascination with Quantum Mechanics?

• Thread starter gtorassa
  • Start date
In summary, the fascination with quantum mechanics stems from its complex and counterintuitive principles that challenge our understanding of the physical world. From the uncertainty principle to entanglement, quantum mechanics has revolutionized our understanding of particles and their behavior, leading to groundbreaking technologies such as computers and GPS. Its potential for further advancements and its connection to philosophical concepts like consciousness have also captured the interest of scientists and the general public alike. Overall, the mysterious and mind-bending nature of quantum mechanics continues to captivate and inspire curiosity and exploration.
gtorassa
Hi everybody
Greetings from Rome, Italy!
I've just registered on Physics Forums.
I'm an Electronic Engineer (graduated in 1994) with a passion for Quantum Mechanics.
I like everything is different from common thoughts, and QM force you to get rid of your experience and think in a completely different way.
I'm happy to take part of this forum, and hope to find a lot of people with the same passion to discuss with.
Best Regards
giorgio

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: