What is the instantaneous value of UL after commutation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter builder_user
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
70 replies · 9K views


gneill said:
l = 12

l=0.012
 
Physics news on Phys.org


builder_user said:
l=0.012

If you say so. In your first post you had:

K1=1.2
L = 10*K1

You did not indicate units (for anything!) so I assumed Ohms for resistances and Henries for inductance.
 


gneill said:
Thevenin equivalent circuit and wrote KVL around the loop.

This loop?
 
Attachments
  • w.JPG
    w.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 437


gneill said:
You did not indicate units (for anything!) so I assumed Ohms for resistances and Henries for inductance.

I forgot.In every task I have millihenries and so I've not written it there.
 


builder_user said:
This loop?

No, this loop. All of the source and resistor network is replaced by its Thevenin equivalent. Makes life simple.
 
Attachments
  • Fig22.gif
    Fig22.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 512


builder_user said:
I forgot.In every task I have millihenries and so I've not written it there.

Okay. Perhaps in future you should just state the component values. All the K multipliers and assumed units is confusing.
 


gneill said:
No, this loop. All of the source and resistor network is replaced by its Thevenin equivalent. Makes life simple.

Thevenin equivalent after commutation?Or at the moment of commutation?One of the equivalents that was found before?Or not found in this topic?
 


builder_user said:
Thevenin equivalent after commutation?Or at the moment of commutation?One of the equivalents that was found before?Or not found in this topic?

After the switch closes, so yes, after commutation.

The circuit at the moment the switch closes remains the same thereafter.

It's only the initial conditions (the existing current in the inductor) that makes the moment of commutation special.
 


builder_user said:
How to do inverse Laplace transform in MathCAD?

Select the 's' variable and then Symbolics --> Transform --> Inverse Laplace.