What Is the Magnetic Field Inside a Long Solenoid?

  • Thread starter Thread starter blueforest
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Field Solenoid
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
blueforest
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
hi,
My homework is : Qualitative description of field due to long solenoid.
I think I post in wrong box, that box is about the calculus problem, right?
But I'm a new member and I don't know where to post my question. So if I'm wrong, I'm sorry, please answer me once and tell me the right box.
Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
For the question you have to think about how the individual induced H components for each loop of the solenoid add up constructively and destructively for both outside and inside the solenoid. I think it helps if you also assume that the coils of the solenoid are tightly wound.