What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 757K views
DennisN said:
I'm watching a long debate between a Flat Earther and an astronaut on the tube. It's hilarious, but I don't think PF would appeciate me linking to it :biggrin:.
WWGD said:
Mental Diarrhea the musical?

Providing theme music to the follow-on HBO special "The Corners: Orbiting the Edges of the Earth."
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD and DennisN
Physics news on Phys.org
I still can't get used to the fact that 'Krakow' is not 'Crack House'. Please pronounce distinctively.
 
WWGD said:
I still can't get used to the fact that 'Krakow' is not 'Crack House'. Please pronounce distinctively.
Just use your fingers and point to

krakauer-im-ring.jpg

(https://www.bestellen-sie-jetzt.de/schnitt-schmierwurst/35-krakauer-im-ring.html)

or say Krakowska.
 
Attachments
  • krakauer-im-ring.jpg
    krakauer-im-ring.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 622
fresh_42 said:
Just use your fingers and point to

View attachment 236853
(https://www.bestellen-sie-jetzt.de/schnitt-schmierwurst/35-krakauer-im-ring.html)

or say Krakowska.
Mid-afternoon snack?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron
I just found out about this snack called halvah. I ate half of it. Now I have a half a halv(ah).Now, if fresheimer can send me the crack sausages I can have a meal.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron
WWGD said:
I just found out about this snack called halvah. I ate half of it. Now I have a half a halv(ah).Now, if fresheimer can send me the crack sausages I can have a meal.
The link contains a shop where you can buy them. However, the United states' custom laws won't allow you to do that, so don't get caught :cool:
 
nuuskur said:
I always liked halvah :)
Then have a half a halv(ah).
 
When I hear Semper Fi, for some reason I feel like saying Super Fly. But my therapist is out of town.
 
WWGD said:
When I hear Semper Fi, for some reason I feel like saying Super Fly. But my therapist is out of town.
How do you pronounce it: fee or figh?
 
fresh_42 said:
How do you pronounce it: fee or figh?
I think as long as you say foe fum you can pronounce it any way.
 
WWGD said:
I think as long as you say foe fum you can pronounce it any way.
I wanted to learn something. On tv they translate it with "fee" which is the correct Latin, but neither allows a conclusion what Americans actually do.
 
Thanks.

On tv they discuss life on exoplanets. Come on! Just calculate! For how many years do we have life here, and for how many years of these do we communicate via electromagnetic pollution? Now they actually discuss about a communication with exoplanets. The distance aside, and given there is actually life out there, even with these assumptions, probability is close to 1 that they will try to communicate with extraterrestrial amoeba or likewise with dinosaurs!
 
I guess a good remedy for awkwardness. When you are texting with/to someone it is hard to tell when the exchange is over. I just exchanged with this company's rep using a dialog box . There was a button on top for " End this exchange". Maybe they also had this issue of it not being clear when the exchange was over. They're British, I wonder if it has anything to see with this.
 
WWGD said:
I guess a good remedy for awkwardness. When you are texting with/to someone it is hard to tell when the exchange is over. I just exchanged with this company's rep using a dialog box . There was a button on top for " End this exchange". Maybe they also had this issue of it not being clear when the exchange was over. They're British, I wonder if it has anything to see with this.

Ova and out!
 
They have this major driving event called Dakar, strangely held in Peru. Dakar is in Senegal, half a world away. I guess first part of the event is to put Dagasoline in Dakar.
 
Weird thing. I was walking in the sidewalk and this woman was walking along me. I guess she felt awkward and slowed down..at the time I was slowing down. Then she sped up as I was speeding up. I laughed at it since it seemed as if it was choreographed but she seemed freaked out.
 
WWGD said:
Weird thing. I was walking in the sidewalk widestalk and this woman was walking along me. I guess she felt awkward and slowed down..at the time I was slowing down. Then she sped up as I was speeding up. I laughed at it since it seemed as if it was choreographed but she seemed freaked out.
You had an error, I corrected it ...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron
WWGD said:
I guess first part of the event is to put Dagasoline in Dakar.
I think it originally has been called Perish Dakar.
 
Man's first invention was probably the hair-tie, not a flint knife.
 
fresh_42 said:
I think it originally has been called Perish Dakar.
Polish or Perish Dakar? Maybe it is an electric Dakar?
 
WWGD said:
Polish or Perish Dakar? Maybe it is an electric Dakar?
No, but they don't only have Dakar, they also have Datruck and Dabike. At least they used to Dahave.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron
fresh_42 said:
No, but they don't only have Dakar, they also have Datruck and Dabike. At least they used to Dahave.
Have you Dawatched the Rally? Binst Auf Peru?
 
Math challenges in PF are getting insanely hard. Now you need to figure out a whole month: "Math Challenge --January".
How does one even start, January =?+ ! ?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron
WWGD said:
Math challenges in PF are getting insanely hard. Now you need to figure out a whole month: "Math Challenge --January".
How does one even start, January =?+ ! ?
Well, --January is December, which is ten bers. You just need to work out what a ber is.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
DrGreg said:
Well, --January is December, which is ten bers. You just need to work out what a ber is.

Easy: a ber is what Davey Crockett killed when he was only three (according to Disney):

"Born on a mountaintop in Tennessee,
greatest state in the land of the free.
Raised in the woods so he knew every tree,
Kill't himself a bar when he was only three!"

"Davey, Davey Crockett, king of the wild frontier;
Davey, Davey Crockett, a man who don't know fear!"

Shucks! Davey killed himself a bar not a ber. Unless it was the elusive be-ar?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
Klystron said:
Easy: a ber is what Davey Crockett killed when he was only three (according to Disney):

"Born on a mountaintop in Tennessee,
greatest state in the land of the free.
Raised in the woods so he knew every tree,
Kill't himself a bar when he was only three!"

"Davey, Davey Crockett, king of the wild frontier;
Davey, Davey Crockett, a man who don't know fear!"

Shucks! Davey killed himself a bar not a ber. Unless it was the elusive be-ar?

I think Fresheimer will claim the answer is 42. But he may be biased...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron
WWGD said:
I think Fresheimer will claim the answer is 42. But he may be biased...
Unfortunately, the time required for the complete proof ("SEVEN AND A HALF..." "Not till the middle of next week?!" "...MILLION YEARS") may prove problematic.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron and WWGD
Ibix said:
Unfortunately, the time required for the complete proof ("SEVEN AND A HALF..." "Not till the middle of next week?!" "...MILLION YEARS") may prove problematic.

And soon, it will be 10 (million) years old...